Crunchy Recipe Party Mix
This is an interesting crockpot appetizer recipe because it is cooked without putting the lid on the crockpot. Often, the whole point of cooking something in a crockpot is to keep the moisture in and you will want to do that if you are cooking meat, fish or poultry and you want to keep it from drying out or if you are cooking a moist dish like soup or a casserole. However, with this recipe the point is to bring the mixture in the crockpot to a high temperature without letting it become soggy. Putting the lid on will make this crockpot party mix soggy so remember to leave it off for the best results.
The nuts, pretzels, and cereals are combined in this recipe with Worcestershire sauce, butter, hot pepper sauce and three kinds of seasoned salt. The resulting party mix is great when you put it in little containers and leave them around the room so when people are enjoying their drinks and they fancy something to nibble on, this tasty treat is close to hand. It might be a good idea to use big containers instead of little ones since this party mix disappears at an alarming rate!
You can buy party mix in big bags or you can make your own. Store-bought party mix tends to be a bit boring though and quite often it contains a lot of unnecessary additives like sugar and colorants, so making your own is a much better idea. Also, you can choose which ingredients to use and your guests will certainly be impressed with your slow cooker party mix!
- 1 cup peanuts, cashews, pecans, or mixed nuts
- 7 cups mixed cereal (wheat, rice, and oat, in different shapes)
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup mini pretzel sticks
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- Combine the pretzels with the cereals and nuts in the crockpot.
- Combine the melted butter with the rest of the ingredients and pour it over the cereals, tossing well.
- Cook on high for 2 hours without the lid and stir the mixture every half an hour.
- Turn it to low and cook for 4 hours more.
- Store it in an airtight container.
You can see how using different colors and shapes gives this party mix an exciting appearance. If you thought your crockpot would only be handy for making stews and soups, you will be delighted to discover just how versatile it is. Whether you are having a get-together at home, catering for a buffet or you just want to make a tasty snack, this party mix recipe is simple to follow and you have plenty of ways to adapt the recipe to suit your own palate. If you have quite a few people coming over it might be a good idea to double the recipe since party mix disappears fast, especially great homemade party mix, and it takes a while to make a new batch!
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15690 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)