Cherry Ambrosia Cheese Ball
This is a beautifully flavored appetizer recipe and the sweet and savory flavors blend in a delightful way. Cheese, almonds, and cherries are three flavors that bring out the best in each other and, if you like cheese ball recipes, you will love this rich and luxurious appetizer dish. There is something very elegant about the ingredients used to make this cheese ball recipe and it is great to serve at any kind of cocktail party or dinner party.
This is a pink cheese ball recipe, which is really appealing. It is very simple to make but your guests will wonder how you combined the ingredients to make something so tasty and creamy. This cherry ambrosia cheese ball recipe could be a snack at a buffet or even a dessert, since it is sweet and would be nice after the main meal, instead of being served before it.
Serve this delicious dish with small crackers or mini toast. You can find honey roasted almond packs in the salad or produce section of the grocery store, since they are often used in salads. You can omit the cherry liqueur if you do not want to use alcohol but it does give it a wonderful aroma and flavor.
- 1 cup white Cheddar
- 1 cup Muenster cheese
- ⅓ cup honey roasted almonds
- 1 cup thawed, drained dark cherries
- 2 tablespoons cherry liqueur
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- Shred the cheese and slice the almonds.
- Put the cheeses and cream cheese in food processor and add the cherry liqueur.
- Process until the mixture is smooth, then transfer it to a bowl and chop ¾ cup of the cherries.
- Stir them and all but 2 tablespoons of the almonds into the cheese ball mixture and mix well.
- Line a bowl, which can hold 3 cups of mixture, with cheesecloth and spoon in the cheese mixture.
- Spread it evenly across the bowl, and then chill in the refrigerator until the cheese ball recipe has set.
- Unmold it on to a serving plate and garnish with the rest of the almonds and cherries, cut into halves.
Whether you divide the cheese ball mixture into individual balls like pictured here, or go for one large cheese ball, you are sure to have an appetizer everyone loves. Most cheese ball recipes feature cream cheese as well as one other type of cheese, and then you will have fruit, nuts, coconut or even chocolate. Some cheese balls are savory so you might find a chipped beef variety for example. Serve the cheese ball with crackers, melba toast or breadsticks for dipping. Avoid very delicate chips or crackers since they are liable to snap in half once inserted into the cheese ball.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37402 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (28773 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24404 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21612 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (20944 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (15936 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15464 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (14967 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13380 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (12900 Views)