Cherry Ambrosia Cheese Ball
This is a beautifully flavored appetizer recipe and the sweet and savory flavors blend in a delightful way. Cheese, almonds, and cherries are three flavors that bring out the best in each other and, if you like cheese ball recipes, you will love this rich and luxurious appetizer dish. There is something very elegant about the ingredients used to make this cheese ball recipe and it is great to serve at any kind of cocktail party or dinner party.
This is a pink cheese ball recipe, which is really appealing. It is very simple to make but your guests will wonder how you combined the ingredients to make something so tasty and creamy. This cherry ambrosia cheese ball recipe could be a snack at a buffet or even a dessert, since it is sweet and would be nice after the main meal, instead of being served before it.
Serve this delicious dish with small crackers or mini toast. You can find honey roasted almond packs in the salad or produce section of the grocery store, since they are often used in salads. You can omit the cherry liqueur if you do not want to use alcohol but it does give it a wonderful aroma and flavor.
- 1 cup white Cheddar
- 1 cup Muenster cheese
- ⅓ cup honey roasted almonds
- 1 cup thawed, drained dark cherries
- 2 tablespoons cherry liqueur
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- Shred the cheese and slice the almonds.
- Put the cheeses and cream cheese in food processor and add the cherry liqueur.
- Process until the mixture is smooth, then transfer it to a bowl and chop ¾ cup of the cherries.
- Stir them and all but 2 tablespoons of the almonds into the cheese ball mixture and mix well.
- Line a bowl, which can hold 3 cups of mixture, with cheesecloth and spoon in the cheese mixture.
- Spread it evenly across the bowl, and then chill in the refrigerator until the cheese ball recipe has set.
- Unmold it on to a serving plate and garnish with the rest of the almonds and cherries, cut into halves.
Whether you divide the cheese ball mixture into individual balls like pictured here, or go for one large cheese ball, you are sure to have an appetizer everyone loves. Most cheese ball recipes feature cream cheese as well as one other type of cheese, and then you will have fruit, nuts, coconut or even chocolate. Some cheese balls are savory so you might find a chipped beef variety for example. Serve the cheese ball with crackers, melba toast or breadsticks for dipping. Avoid very delicate chips or crackers since they are liable to snap in half once inserted into the cheese ball.
Leave a Reply
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Crayfish and Salmon Terrine August 16, 2014
- All is Good Again March 8, 2014
- Our Wow’s with Rich Pins March 6, 2014
- Eggs Stuffed with Tuna Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Baked Cheese Olive Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two December 21, 2013
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19091 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18336 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (15241 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14060 Views)
- Home (13129 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (11868 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11738 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (10970 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10335 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9242 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (9027 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8565 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8410 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8253 Views)
- Simple Yet Elegant Beef Tenderloin Appetizers (7576 Views)