Cherry Ambrosia Cheese Ball
This is a beautifully flavored appetizer recipe and the sweet and savory flavors blend in a delightful way. Cheese, almonds, and cherries are three flavors that bring out the best in each other and, if you like cheese ball recipes, you will love this rich and luxurious appetizer dish. There is something very elegant about the ingredients used to make this cheese ball recipe and it is great to serve at any kind of cocktail party or dinner party.
This is a pink cheese ball recipe, which is really appealing. It is very simple to make but your guests will wonder how you combined the ingredients to make something so tasty and creamy. This cherry ambrosia cheese ball recipe could be a snack at a buffet or even a dessert, since it is sweet and would be nice after the main meal, instead of being served before it.
Serve this delicious dish with small crackers or mini toast. You can find honey roasted almond packs in the salad or produce section of the grocery store, since they are often used in salads. You can omit the cherry liqueur if you do not want to use alcohol but it does give it a wonderful aroma and flavor.
- 1 cup white Cheddar
- 1 cup Muenster cheese
- ⅓ cup honey roasted almonds
- 1 cup thawed, drained dark cherries
- 2 tablespoons cherry liqueur
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- Shred the cheese and slice the almonds.
- Put the cheeses and cream cheese in food processor and add the cherry liqueur.
- Process until the mixture is smooth, then transfer it to a bowl and chop ¾ cup of the cherries.
- Stir them and all but 2 tablespoons of the almonds into the cheese ball mixture and mix well.
- Line a bowl, which can hold 3 cups of mixture, with cheesecloth and spoon in the cheese mixture.
- Spread it evenly across the bowl, and then chill in the refrigerator until the cheese ball recipe has set.
- Unmold it on to a serving plate and garnish with the rest of the almonds and cherries, cut into halves.
Whether you divide the cheese ball mixture into individual balls like pictured here, or go for one large cheese ball, you are sure to have an appetizer everyone loves. Most cheese ball recipes feature cream cheese as well as one other type of cheese, and then you will have fruit, nuts, coconut or even chocolate. Some cheese balls are savory so you might find a chipped beef variety for example. Serve the cheese ball with crackers, melba toast or breadsticks for dipping. Avoid very delicate chips or crackers since they are liable to snap in half once inserted into the cheese ball.
Leave a Reply
- Best Superbowl Chili Recipe December 7, 2014
- Spicy BBQ Quesadilla Holiday Appetizer November 23, 2014
- Bacon and Cheese Appetizer Rolls November 22, 2014
- Balsamic Asparagus and Parmesan Appetizer November 20, 2014
- Refreshing Pear and Prosciutto Appetizer November 1, 2014
- Delicate Mini Smoked Salmon and Caviar Appetizer August 26, 2014
- Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls August 24, 2014
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Crayfish and Salmon Terrine August 16, 2014
- All is Good Again March 8, 2014
- Home (32057 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (26746 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (23328 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (20834 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (19514 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (15094 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (14631 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (14148 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (11894 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (11280 Views)