Beef and Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
If you want a meaty recipe for your Superbowl party food buffet table, these hearty stuffed mushrooms are perfect. The stuffing is a combination of ground beef, Italian sausage, bell pepper, cheese and more and these sausage stuffed mushrooms are full of flavor. Mushrooms are naturally earthy and rich in taste and the filling goes beautifully with the mushroom flavor.
Perhaps you have tasted a different type of stuffed mushrooms recipe before, like crab stuffed mushrooms or vegetable stuffed mushrooms. There are lots of different stuffed mushrooms recipes but this one is especially good if you want Superbowl party recipes because the meatiness and fullness of flavor suits the occasion. Superbowl Sunday is the ideal time to serve hot, filling and delicious appetizer recipes and everyone is going to rave about this one.
It is up to you whether you use big portobello mushrooms or smaller ones but choose something with a rounded cap, else some of the filling might fall out. If you are serving these as an appetizer, choose small or medium sized mushrooms, so they are easy to eat with the fingers. These easy party appetizers blend lots of wonderful flavors together and they really do melt in the mouth. This stuffed mushrooms recipe is perfect if you are on the lookout for the best and easiest Superbowl recipes and your guests will relish their wonderful flavor.
- ½ lb Italian sausage
- ½ lb ground beef
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup soft breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- Grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Chop them and keep them on one side.
- Put the meat in a skillet and cook it over a medium high heat until it is browned.
- Drain, crumble and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, and then add the bell pepper, basil, mushroom stems and garlic.
- Combine the ground beef, sausage, breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, water and mushroom mixture in a bowl.
- Put the mushroom caps on a baking tray, top down.
- Stuff each one with the beef mixture, piling it high.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until the filling is hot and browned.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the stuffed mushrooms and serve them hot.
You can see from the photo how appetizing these stuffed mushrooms are. The appealing filling is enough to make anybody reach out for one of these succulent and juicy treats. The red bell pepper, green parsley, yellow cheese and crispy brown meat make a colorful combination and the aroma from these sausage stuffed mushrooms is amazing. Save the gourmet lobster or crab stuffed mushrooms for your next dinner party – these beef and sausage stuffed mushrooms make wonderful Superbowl party food and each bite is packed with incredible flavor. These stuffed mushrooms are best served hot or warm.
One Response to Beef and Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)