Traditional Mexican Layered Dip Recipe
Dips are always popular at parties and you can dip lots of different easy party appetizers into dips. You might be serving hummus, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or other dips. This Mexican dip is always popular and the layers mean your guests must dig deep to make sure they get a bit of everything on their crudités, pita bread or whatever they are dipping.
This Mexican layered dip recipe is healthy as well as being very tasty. The salsa contains lycopene. The beans and cheese are packed with calcium and protein. You can either use homemade tomato salsa and guacamole in this layered Mexican dip or store bought. Both are fine.
The nice thing about making a Mexican layered dip recipe is that you can choose which layers to make. You can either follow the recipe or alter it a bit. The ingredients in this Mexican dip recipe are very Mexican in flavor and you can add any other ingredients you like. If you want to add a little hot sauce to spice it up, you can do that. This layered dip looks nice when you serve it, and you should serve it in a glass container so each layer is visible.
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 ½ cups tomato salsa plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar
- Using a deep dish, spread the lettuce in an even layer across the base, then spread the refried beans over the top.
- To make them easier to spread, you might want to microwave them for 20 seconds first.
- Top with the 1 ½ cups salsa, and then add a guacamole layer.
- Stir together the chili and sour cream and spread this over the guacamole layer.
- Dot the extra salsa on the top, then sprinkle some grated cheese on, for garnish.
- Serve this delicious layered Mexican dip with tortilla chips for dipping.
This Mexican layered dip recipe is very simple to make. There is no cooking involved – you simply have to make layers with the different ingredients. This wonderful Mexican layer dip can be served with tortilla chips or corn chips for dipping. If you want to make unusual dip recipes, this Mexican layered dip recipe is a really nice one to make because it is full of flavor, looks really good, and is popular at parties. If you are having a Mexican themed evening, this dip is one of the best appetizer recipes, as well as one of the most easy party appetizers, to make.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)