Thai Chili Lime Dipping Sauce with Peanut Butter
This Thai dipping sauce is easy to prepare. You simply need to whisk the ingredients together. Start off with the peanut butter and then whisk in the other ingredients one at a time. Whether you are looking for a Thai spring roll dipping sauce or a tasty sauce for chips or crudités, this Thai peanut dipping sauce is really tasty. You can either use chunky or smooth peanut butter for this Thai chili lime dipping sauce recipe. The peanut butter gives it a smooth, creamy flavor and a satay-like texture. If you cannot decide between making a satay sauce and making a lime dipping sauce or a chili sauce, why not make this delicious lime and peanut butter sauce and you can enjoy the best of both worlds and have all those delicious flavors together?
Some Thai dipping sauces are very sweet and fruity but this one is a nice mixture of creamy peanut butter, tangy lime, aromatic cilantro and other ingredients for flavor and to add texture. The brown sugar keeps the sauce sweet and takes the edge off the chili and the sharpness of the lime. If you have it, you could use grated palm sugar instead of brown sugar. This is a sauce of contrasts but a very well balanced one. As with most dip recipes, you can make double or triple because this sauce tends to be very popular at buffets and parties. It also keeps for a few days in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Thai food is really nice and you can make some Thai snacks to dip into this Thai dipping sauce. Anything crispy goes well. Deep fried battered prawns would be great or vegetable tempura or cassava chips. You could even make a fusion snack and serve this Thai peanut dipping sauce recipe with some Mexican tortilla chips or Greek pita bread slices. Serve this dipping sauce at room temperature for the nicest flavor or even warm it up gently.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dried chili flakes or ½ teaspoon Chinese chili sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Sliced red chilies and fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Whisk all the ingredients together, and then serve the dip in a bowl, garnished with the sliced red chilies and fresh cilantro.
- Serve prawn crackers or cassava chips on the side for dipping.
This richly colored Thai dipping sauce is perfect served with cassava chips or prawn crackers. The fresh cilantro and chili slices make a beautiful garnish and using chili as a garnish lets your guests know this dip might be a little spicy. If you are looking for the best dip recipes, Asian dips like this Thai peanut dipping sauce always go down well because people love the combination of sweetness and spiciness and also this dip goes with so many appetizers, not just chips. This is one of the easiest dip recipes to put together and you can make it in minutes.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)