Slow Cooker Appetizer Recipes
Planning a party and need some make ahead ideas for the appetizers? Try slow cooker appetizer recipes for great appetizers you can prepare ahead. Hosting a party takes time and planning and you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen while the guests are enjoying the party.
The slow cooker is a godsend in the kitchen because there are so many things you can make in there, and not just the soups and stews you might have read in the cookbook which came with your crockpot. The following recipe combines salsa, bean-free chili con carne, garlic, onion, and cream cheese, for a tasty, Mexican inspired dip, which makes a lovely appetizer served with chips.
A smaller crockpot is great for not only preparing dips but also to keep them warm, and if you are feeding a larger crowd you can use a medium or large crockpot instead. If you are making a smaller quantity, it is better to use a smaller one, so the dip does not start to dry out, stick to the bottom of the slow cooker or burn. A crockpot usually does best if it is about two-thirds full.
Do You Have a Favorite Crockpot Appetizers Recipe?
- 2 cups salsa (chunky)
- 2 cans chili without beans
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 oz cream cheese
- Saute the garlic and onion in the oil over a medium heat until tender.
- Transfer this mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the chili, salsa and cream cheese.
- Stir well then cover and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips for a great appetizer.
Photo Credit: Rotel by ilovememphis, on Flickr
Dips are always great because not only can you take your pick from chilled, warm or hot ones, but you can also consider whether you want a mild or spicy, simple or creamy, or meaty or vegetable-based dip, and you can make them and serve them in a slow cooker. The ingredients in this recipe are all items you might have in your cupboard already, and all you need to do, after sautéing the garlic and onion, is combine them in a slow cooker and cook. Feel free to swap the cream cheese for Velveeta, or add some sliced jalapeños to the recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29233 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16225 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13789 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)