Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
You can serve the following hummus recipe with toasted pita chips or hot pita bread. It is delicious warm but if you make too much you can store it for two days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat it on the stove or in the microwave. Serve it chilled if you prefer. Serving it warm does intensify the aroma and flavor though.
Depending on your taste, you might want to use more roasted red pepper than called for in this hummus recipe. The more roasted red pepper you use to make this hummus, the richer the color of it will be too. You could also try roasted green pepper for a more savory, tart flavor or even some chili peppers for a spicy kick, which you do not normally get from hummus recipes.
Using roasted bell peppers to make hummus gives a sweeter and juicier flavor to the hummus dip. There are a few different roasted bell pepper recipes you could make but combining the sweet flavor of roasted peppers with the nutty, creamy flavor of hummus results in a really impressive dip with a balanced flavor, which everyone will enjoy a lot.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 16 oz can chickpeas
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup tahini
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Crush the garlic cloves.
- Process the tahini, chickpeas, olive oil, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth, then add the garlic and red peppers and blend until it is still a bit lumpy.
- Garnish with the lemon and parsley and serve warm.
You can see what a warm color this hummus recipe is, because of the roasted red bell pepper used to make it. Serve it with some slices of lemon and some green herbs on the side, maybe cilantro, or parsley, and you will have a really elegant looking dip. This is good news if you are looking for fancy appetizer recipes to make. If you wanted to, you could finely chop some black olives and add those to the mixture. That adds to the flavor and the color of the dip. This hummus recipe looks appealing and has a great texture as well as a delicious flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13357 Views)