Quick Sweet Sour Sauce Recipe
This delightfully simple sweet and sour sauce is perfect for dipping spring rolls. There are only four ingredients in this sweet and sour sauce recipe and if you want to know how to make sweet and sour sauce, read on for one of our most easy appetizer recipes. There are other recipes for making sweet and sour sauce of course but why follow a lengthy and complicated recipe if you can make a delicious and quick sweet sour sauce recipe instead?
You can serve spring rolls with this sweet sour sauce recipe, breadsticks or anything else you want to dip. If you like, you can add a chopped green bell pepper and some pineapple chunks to this recipe for sweet and sour sauce after adding the cornstarch. If you want to make a thick sweet and sour sauce, increase the amount of cornstarch to four teaspoons but use the same amount of water.
The color of sweet and sour sauce gives away what kind of sauce it is. The sweetness of the sugar contrasts amazingly with the sharpness of the vinegar and the other ingredients add to the delicious taste. This quick sweet sour sauce recipe is ideal for dipping homemade spring rolls or egg rolls.
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix together the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and catsup and bring to a boil in a small pan.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and add this to the mixture in the pan, stirring until thick.
The distinctive bright orange color of this sweet and sour sauce recipe will show your guests immediately what it is. Sweet and sour sauce is traditionally served with Asian foods like prawn crackers or spring rolls. It also makes a nice dip for vegetable crudités. If you are going to make homemade egg rolls or homemade spring rolls, why not make this flavorful recipe for sweet and sour sauce too, because it is the perfect partner for an egg roll recipe. The sweetness and sourness go together like a dream and this will be a very popular dip at your party.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37773 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24674 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21793 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21318 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15687 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15156 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)