Pineapple Wrapped in Bacon with a Tangy Dip
The exciting thing about bacon wrapped appetizers is that nobody knows what is inside until they have either a look or a bite, if you want to wrap the appetizers in that way. If you are wrapping something long like an asparagus spear, you can leave it showing. Sometimes the bacon covers the filling and other times you can see what is inside. Bacon wrapped recipes include bacon wrapped shrimp, bacon wrapped dates, bacon wrapped asparagus and more. Bacon is used for lots of appetizer recipes. As well as being used for wrapping tasty morsels, it is sometimes fried or broiled until crisp and then sprinkled over salads or other cold appetizer recipes. A lot of egg-based appetizers are nice with bacon sprinkled over.
The sweet flavor of pineapple contrasts very nicely with the salty flavor of the bacon in these pineapple wrapped in bacon appetizers. The ginger, garlic, and soy sauce adds a delicious oriental touch of flavor. A lot of people make bacon wrapped pineapple without marinating the pineapple first and this is also a nice, simple appetizer recipe. However, the garlic, soy sauce, and ginger adds a delicious Asian taste so you might like to use it to add another flavor dimension to these appetizers.
If you enjoy combining sweet flavors with savory ones, you will love these delicious bacon wrapped pineapple appetizers because the flavors are amazing. This is a very easy appetizer recipe and you can make it in the microwave. This is also one of our make ahead appetizers because you can make them earlier, then just give them a few minutes in the microwave just before you want to serve them to your guests.
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Drain the pineapple chunks, reserving 3 tablespoons of the juice.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 3 pieces. Combine the ginger, garlic, pineapple juice, and soy sauce and add the pineapple. Let it stand for a couple of hours, then drain.
- Wrap some bacon around each pineapple chunk, securing it with a toothpick.
- Line a baking dish with several paper towel layers and arrange the appetizers around the outside with some space between them.
- Microwave for 5 to 9 minutes, or until the bacon is lightly browned.
- If there is no carousel in your microwave, rotate the dish, rearranging the appetizers.
- If it is easier, you can prepare these bacon wrapped pineapple appetizers ahead and cook them just before serving.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
This is one of the very best buffalo wings recipes ever. The combination of hot pepper sauce, blue cheese dressing, onion and more means maximum flavor, even though this is one of our easy party appetizers. This buffalo wings chicken recipe is ideal at any occasion and you can serve the buffalo chicken wings as they are or with a cool, creamy dip, such as a Greek dip or a cucumber raita dip. Your guests will definitely love this finger-licking good buffalo wings appetizer and cooking buffalo wings is simple.
One Response to Pineapple Wrapped in Bacon with a Tangy Dip
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15690 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)