Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Dip
This is such as easy recipe but it makes a delicious change from the standard bread rolls and butter. An olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip is served in Mediterranean countries, rather than butter, and it goes very nicely will all kinds of bread. This delicious balsamic dip suits focaccia, which is a flat, oven baked Italian loaf. Use a different type of bread if you want to, though.
Focaccia dough is similar to pizza dough and it is one of the most popular types of bread in Italy. When making this balsamic dip, you should use a top quality balsamic vinegar, preferably one that is between five and twelve years old. Also, use a first pressed extra virgin olive oil. You will taste the different in the finished dip.
It should be obvious to anyone looking at this dip what is in it. Sometimes people like to mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar together to make their own dip but you can combine them for your guests. Oil and vinegar do not blend so you should add a splash, give it a stir taste the dip and add more if necessary. When the quantities are correct, it will not matter if the dip then separates.
- 1 splash balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf fresh focaccia bread, sliced
- Pour the olive oil on to a plate and add the balsamic vinegar without stirring.
- Serve the sliced focaccia on the side for dipping.
This is a very simple recipe but one which tastes wonderful. If you are serving drinks and you just want your guests to have something simple to snack on, this combination of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and fresh foccacia bread makes a nice appetizer. Easy appetizer recipes do not get much easier than making a balsamic dip for foccacia bread but this olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip is really flavorful and the softness of the olive oil contrasts well with the sharpness of the vinegar. Serving warm bread just makes this appetizer recipe even more special.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)