Mushroom Sausage Spread with Cheese
If you are looking for cheese spread recipes, this mushroom sausage spread is well worth making. You can make it ahead of time and freeze it until you are ready to use it, if you want to. Just reheat it in a microwave safe bowl on high for a couple of minutes or until it is heated through, stirring every thirty seconds.
You can serve this tasty sausage and cheese spread with melba toast rounds or crackers. Meat and cheese go together well in many different appetizers and main course recipes and this is one of our tastiest easy party appetizers and the flavors blend together perfectly. In the recipe there is both hot and mild sausage. For a milder dip, you could use only mild sausage or for a hotter dip, just use the hot one if you like.
This dip smells really good when it’s being cooked and it’s great served warm, when the smell and flavor are at their peak. The Worcestershire sauce adds an especially nice flavor to this cheese and mushroom sausage spread recipe and if you want to make the best easy party appetizers, this dip might be something you would like to consider.
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- ¼ lb mushrooms
- ¾ lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cube the cheese and slice the mushrooms finely.
- Crumble the sausage into a skillet and cook them until completely browned over a medium heat.
- Remove the sausages and drain off half the fat. Add the mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Drain off the rest of the fat. Return the sausage to the skillet, turn the heat down, and add the Velveeta.
- Cook on a low heat, stirring often, until the Velveeta has totally melted.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Transfer the mushroom sausage spread to a serving bowl and serve warm with bread for dipping.
Sausage and mushrooms combine with cheese and seasonings to produce this wonderful hot dipping sauce. Serve it with crackers or bread so you can taste all the flavors in the dip. In the photo you can see some of the mushrooms are left in slices for a nice presentation and the dip is served in individual containers. That is just one serving option and many people prefer to serve this in one large, communal bowl so everyone can dip from there. If you wish to spice this recipe up a little, feel free to add some hot sauce to the mixture, although the hot sausage already adds some piquancy to the overall taste.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37802 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29294 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21390 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16262 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15725 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15184 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13849 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13405 Views)