How to Make Meatballs the Easy Way
Meatballs are actually found in a lot of different cuisines, although many people think of them as being Italian. You can use different herbs when making a grape jelly meatball recipe or a different type of meatball recipe. Basil, oregano and mixed Italian herbs are all good and you can choose one of those or use a combination. You can also add some chili powder or Tabasco sauce to the meatballs mixture to spice them up a bit.
Ground meat, breadcrumbs, spices and eggs are the typical ingredients in most meatball recipes and you can choose from pork, beef, veal or a mixture of these. Ground turkey or ground chicken can also be used to make a meatball appetizer with grape jelly if you want to lower the fat content. The meatballs in the following meatball recipe contain parmesan for an extra flavor. You could use Romano cheese if you prefer or leave it out.
These tasty meatballs are best served with a delicious dip unless you want to make a grape jelly meatball sauce recipe and combine the meatballs in the sauce. With this recipe, the meatballs are made separately from each sauce and you can serve them with toothpicks so people can help themselves and dip the meatballs in the sauce if they choose to. Tomato-based sauces are nice with this Italian meatball recipe or you could make a grape jelly meatball sauce recipe to combine the sweetness of the sauce with the meatiness of the meatballs. You might even like to make a couple of different sauce recipes, to give your guests the choice.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the basil and oregano into the meat.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cheese, then the salt and pepper.
- Stir in the eggs to bind.
- The mixture should be moist but hold its shape when you form balls.
- If it is too dry, you can add a little milk.
- Make 1 ½ inch diameter meatballs but don't overwork them, else they will be heavy and dense.
- Bake the meatballs on a rack over a baking sheet for about 25 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- If you prefer, you could fry them in a skillet for about 7 minutes over a medium heat.
- Stick a toothpick into each meatball and serve them hot, with a dipping sauce.
If you are considering a grape jelly meatball recipe, this recipe makes the most wonderful meatballs, both in terms of flavor and texture. A grape jelly meatball sauce recipe served alongside these delicious homemade meatballs makes great Superbowl party food. You can see from the photo how appealing these golden brown meatballs look and they taste even better than they look. Choose from ground beef, veal, pork or poultry, or even combine a couple of different ground meats for a unique meatball flavor. Perhaps you have tried making a meatball grape jelly crockpot recipe before or maybe you are new to making meatballs. If you want to learn how to make meatballs though, the above recipe is an especially easy one.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)