Greek Yogurt Dip with Feta Cheese
This light and refreshing dip is ideal with anything dry or spicy. The flavors of mint and yogurt are cooling, especially if you are dipping a spicy food. The feta and sour cream have sharp flavors and the garlic goes perfectly too. Feta has a strong, slightly sour flavor, making it great to contrast with spicy foods. Feta is one of the most popular Greek cheeses and you can use it to make Greek salads, as well as to make tasty dip recipes.
This Greek yogurt dip can be served with lamb kebabs, crudités, flatbread, or any other easy party appetizers, which would go. Cool slices of cucumber go well, as do crunchy asparagus spears. You can garnish this Greek yogurt dip with some cilantro leaves, mint leaves, or even a sprinkling of paprika over the top. Greek dips are good chilled or at room temperature, so you can serve it how you like.
There are different yogurt dip recipes, such as curry yogurt vegetable dip and tomato flavored yogurt dips but this recipe for yogurt dip is very easy to make and you simply have to put everything in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 ½ cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Greek style yogurt
- Black pepper
- Combine the mint, garlic, sour cream, yogurt, and feta cheese in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lamb kebabs, pita bread, or crudités.
Of all the yogurt dip recipes, this is one of the nicest. Serve this Greek yogurt dip with lamb kabobs or something similar, because it goes so perfectly. The slightly sour flavor of the feta is enhanced by the sour cream and yogurt and the mint adds a really fresh flavor to this recipe for yogurt dip. This is a smooth recipe, rather than a chunky one, but it is thick enough to stick to whatever you dip into it. You can make yogurt dips like this one a few hours before you are going to serve them, if you like. Just keep some plastic wrap over the top and keep it refrigerated.
One Response to Greek Yogurt Dip with Feta Cheese
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37775 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)