Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe
This dip is perfect if you are looking for a meatball appetizer with grape jelly recipe. Simply make the homemade meatballs and this delicious meatball sauce at the same time and serve them together. There are also other ways to make the appetizer and, if you want to combine the meatballs and sauce, rather than serve them separate for dipping, you could make a meatball grape jelly crockpot recipe or a combined meatball and grape jelly recipe.
This sauce blends tomatoes, chilies, ketchup, olive oil, grape jelly and more for a rich, tangy and sumptuous flavor. The tomatoes are roasted with the garlic and chilies for an hour, bringing out their wonderful juiciness and sweetness. This step is important if you want the most flavorful ketchup and grape jelly sauce possible. If you are catering for vegetarians you could make vegetarian meatballs or else serve this dip with toast, crackers or tortilla chips. It goes nicely with any of those.
Feel free to alter the spiciness factor of this grape jelly meatball sauce dip if you want to. You might want to tone it down a bit and not make it quite so spicy. Whether you are looking for Superbowl party food recipe, ideas for dip recipes for a buffet or just something different and unusual to make, you will find this grape jelly and tomato dip very easy to make and it will taste delicious. Double up the recipe if you like. This dip keeps for a couple of days in the refrigerator if you don’t use it all and it makes a good relish for hamburgers or hot dogs the next day.
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- 1 white onion, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon canned green chilies
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the tomatoes, chilies, garlic, poblanos, olive oil and onions in an oven proof dish and roast them for an hour.
- Let the mixture cool then pulse it in a food processor with the other ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve with homemade meatballs.
This red-colored, appetizing looking dip recipe is perfect served with homemade meatballs. You can serve it warm or chilled. Dip recipes like this grape jelly tomato chili dip go nicely with all kinds of foods and you can offer toast, pretzels, tortilla chips, corn chips or anything else for dipping. If you are making chicken on skewers or fishcakes, these would also suit the flavors in this dip recipe. Meatballs have to be the number one appetizers for dipping in this sauce though because the meatiness goes so perfectly with the sweet grape jelly flavor, the tangy tomato and ketchup flavor and the zing from the chilies. If you are making Superbowl party food, this dip will be really popular.
2 Responses to Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe
Leave a Reply
- All is Good Again March 8, 2014
- Our Wow’s with Rich Pins March 6, 2014
- Eggs Stuffed with Tuna Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Baked Cheese Olive Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two December 21, 2013
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Appetizer Recipe December 20, 2013
- Grape and Roquefort Cheese Canapes December 19, 2013
- Home (23399 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (18902 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18069 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (14958 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (13960 Views)
- Home (12875 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (11663 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11341 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (10816 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (9857 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9120 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (8934 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8511 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8180 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8026 Views)