Easy Yogurt and Red Chili Dip with Honey
This red chili dip is very simple to make and you just need to combine the ingredients, and then garnish it with olive oil and chili powder. You might need to add a little milk to the dip, depending on which kind of yogurt you have used to make it. If you are using strained Greek yogurt, for example, you will probably need the milk to thin it a bit. The ingredients for this chili yogurt dip are a rough estimation because you might want to add more of one ingredient to give the end flavor of the dip more balance. Just use your judgment with it and let your palate guide you.
Serve yogurt dip recipes like this chili dip recipe with sliced pita bread, tortilla chips, or crackers. It is also good with vegetable crudités – raw carrot, radishes, mushrooms and zucchini are all great for dipping. There are lots of similar recipes to this one but the combination of sweet, sharp and tangy flavors in this chili dip recipe are especially good.
If you are making your dips in advance, this one is suitable for that, but do not add the olive oil and chili on top until you are just about to serve it. Keep this yogurt dip covered and refrigerated until you are ready to serve it.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon tomato puree
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Stir together the yogurt, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, tomato puree, salt and half the chili powder and taste.
- You might want to add more of one of the ingredients to balance the flavors.
- If the dip is too thick you can add a tiny bit of milk to thin it a bit.
- When you are happy with the dip, sprinkle the remaining chili powder over the top and pour some extra virgin olive oil over the dip.
- Serve chilled.
This is a nice looking dip. It is slightly pink in color and the olive oil and chili powder garnish look nice on top. You could even add a sprig of cilantro as an extra garnish if you wanted to or, if you are looking for a non-spicy dip, omit the chili powder altogether and use chopped fresh cilantro instead. That will change the color and flavor of this dip. Yogurt dip recipes are popular at parties and they can be used as salad dressings as well as for dipping things. This chili dip recipe is simple to make and it is great with crackers, bread, chips, or vegetable crudités.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15690 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)