Easy Swiss Cheese Dip Recipe
This is certainly one of our easy party appetizers and it only contains three ingredients! This wonderful concoction of cheese, mayonnaise, and onion is delicious served with a selection of fresh vegetables, crackers or even scoop chips.
You can add a cup of chopped green pepper or a couple of tablespoons of red pimentos before baking if you want to add a little more color to this Swiss cheese dip. You might already have the ingredients for this easy cheese dip recipe or perhaps you have the onion and mayonnaise but a different kind of cheese, in which case you can try making it with whichever cheese you have.
Sometimes the most easy and basic dip recipes are the best. The cheese, onion, and mayonnaise is a simple mixture but the dip is perfectly balanced and tastes really good. You can buy cheese and onion dips, of course, but making your own is worthwhile because the dip will have a fresher flavor and you can control the ingredients you use and how much of each one you put in. Why not experiment with a different kind of cheese, or two different cheeses, and another kind of onion? Sweet onion is good but yellow or red onion would offer a different taste.
- 2 cups Swiss cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- Shred the cheese and chop the onion.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the cheese and onion together and fold in the mayonnaise.
- When all the ingredients are well combined, spread the mixture into an ungreased 9 inch glass pie dish and bake the Swiss cheese dip for 55 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool down a little before serving.
In the photo we have garnished the warm Swiss cheese soup with some avocado slices, and that is just one serving idea. Simple dips like this one are often served just as they are, out of the dish they were baked in, to keep them hot for longer. This dip is thick and gloopy, which means it will cling to crackers or bread. If you prefer, of course, you can offer scoop-shaped chips so people can scoop up a nice amount of dip each time. This 3 ingredient dip only requires Swiss cheese, onion and mayonnaise, so it is quite easy to imagine the finished flavor before you even make it.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37770 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29231 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24673 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21792 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21317 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15687 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15156 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13784 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13352 Views)