Easy Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
The sweet and sour sauce only has three ingredients but it is easy to make, goes beautifully with recipes like popcorn chicken and you can make it the day before and reheat it. You can buy sweet and sour sauce but since a homemade sweet and sour sauce recipe is so easy, you might as well make your own. Sweet and sour sauces are excellent with meat dishes and you can make pork appetizers or chicken appetizers and serve them with this mouthwatering sweet and sour recipe for a homemade sauce.
Popcorn chicken is one of the best dishes to serve with this sauce and if you have tried sweet and sour chicken recipes before you will know how the flavors really do complement one another. Hot, bite-sized pieces of fried chicken and warm sweet and sour sauce is a delectable combination and the fact that the two recipes are so easy to make is another bonus.
This simple mixture of ketchup, vinegar, and sugar means that you can make the sauce within minutes and you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen cupboard. If you are having a buffet, you can make a variety of sauces and serve this one for people to help themselves too. This sweet and sour sauce recipe is also delicious with mini egg rolls.
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup catsup
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine the sauce ingredients and heat on the stove until the sugar dissolves.
- Serve the sweet and sour sauce warm with popcorn chicken or a similar dish.
The rich orange color of this sweet and sour sauce indicates to your guests what it is. Sweet and sour chicken is a classic dish and few things are as immediately appealing as homemade popcorn chicken with a homemade sweet and sour sauce recipe. If you run out of sauce, the recipe is so simple that you can make a new batch within a few minutes. If you want to add an Asian flavor to your easy party appetizers, serving a sweet and sour sauce recipe is a great way to do it and this sauce is great with a variety of different dishes.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)