Easy Mexicali Dip Appetizer
Combining cheese, tomato, chilies, and onion, this is one of the most easy party appetizers you can make. You can serve this tasty dip with tortilla chips or corn chips or even with some warm garlic bread if you want. Serve it with pickled chili peppers, vegetable crudités, or anything else you fancy.
This spicy, cheesy Mexicali dip is always popular at parties and as a dinner appetizer. It is colorful and tastes heavenly. If you like a bit of fire in your appetizers, try this delicious Mexicali dip. If not, just use less chili. If you have some of this delicious dip left over, it does keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator but warm it up before you serve it, to melt the cheese again.
You might be wondering where the word “Mexicali” comes from. It is actually the capital state of Baja California Norte. This delicious tomato cheese dip recipe is always a hit at parties and get-togethers and there is no denying it is simple to create. As well as being one of the easiest dip recipes, this Mexicali dip is also great if you are serving Mexican food because the hint of chili gets everyone ready for the delicious spicy Mexican food to come. Of course, not all Mexican food is spicy, so this dip can be a contrast in flavor too, if you are serving a mild Mexican entree.
- 4 oz canned green chillies, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes, peeled, drained and chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a pan.
- Cook over a low medium heat until the cheese melts, then serve hot with tortilla chips or corn chips to dip.
This rich yellow creamy dip is always a hit at parties. Mexicali dip is so simple to make. You simply have to add the ingredients to a saucepan and warm it through. That is all there is to it. Serve this Mexicali dip with corn chips or tortilla chips for a taste of Mexico or with toasted French bread slices or crackers. You can also serve vegetable crudités with it, for dipping, but do not forget the napkins because this dip is quite runny. If you like hot, cheesy dips with a hint of chili, this one is sure to make your mouth water.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)