Easy Authentic Hummus Recipe
For a quick and easy appetizer recipe, hummus is a great option. Not only is this an easy recipe for appetizers because you simply combine a few ingredients, but it goes with lots of different things too. You can serve crudités, crackers, breadsticks, toast and more with hummus because its creamy and slightly nutty flavor suits many different foods. Olives on toothpicks and various sliced vegetables go particularly well with the smooth, creamy, nutty flavor of hummus and this includes chopped raw mushrooms, slices of carrot, raw cauliflower florets and more.
The following hummus recipe is simple to make and simple in flavor. Store-bought hummus is all right but nowhere near as delicious and mouthwatering as a homemade recipe for hummus. With only five ingredients, you will find this one simple to put together. Hummus is a dip recipe that everybody knows and you might like to serve a selection of dips – well known ones like hummus and less known hot dip recipes too.
There are different types of hummus recipes but this one is the traditional hummus recipe, blending chickpeas, lemon juice, and oil. Homemade hummus tastes deliciously fresh and you can garnish it with lemon slices or a sprinkling of cumin or paprika on top for color.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 oz can chickpeas
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin plus more for garnish
- 2 thin slices lemon, halved, for garnish
- Blend everything together in a food processor until the hummus is creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the lemon slices, or store for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- You might like to sprinkle some more cumin over the finished hummus.
This tasty dip recipe is so easy to make and it looks really appetizing, especially when you serve it with some lemon slices and a sprinkling of paprika for color. Hummus is versatile and you can serve it with salad or as a dip for bread, toast, breadsticks, vegetables or anything else you fancy. Everyone loves hummus and a homemade hummus recipe is especially good. This recipe for hummus might be very simple and only use a few ingredients but the end flavor is well balanced and really impressive.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)