Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Creamy dips are always popular, whether you are serving them at a buffet, for friends who have come to visit, for the family as a special treat or for another occasion. There is something about a hot creamy dip recipe which makes it perfect comfort food. Also, you can choose what to dip in there. As a general rule, dips containing vegetables should not be served with vegetable crudités for dipping. If you are making a vegetable-based dip, such as this creamy spinach dip with artichokes, serve tortilla chips, corn chips or toasted bread slices instead, because the crisp texture of these gives you the perfect contrast with the creamy dip.
The following recipe blends three kinds of cheese, namely mozzarella, parmesan, and cream cheese, for a complex flavor, along with fresh spinach and artichokes. The garlic and black pepper season the dish and because the cheese and vegetables are so tasty you really do not need any more seasoning than that. Of course, if you love spicy flavors, you might want to add a few drops of Tabasco sauce but make sure you inform people if this one is going to be spicy because it looks like a mild-tasting dip.
Some crockpot dips need to cook all day long on low but this one cooks for two hours on high and it is ready. Since there are no ingredients in this which require a long cooking time to become tender, two hours on high is all you need here. Fresh spinach cooks really fast and you can even wilt it in a pan in less than a minute so really it only needs long enough to soften a bit and wilt. You can turn it down to low and take the lid off if you want to serve it in the crockpot. That is the best idea anyway because it will stay warm and runny if you do that.
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 10 oz fresh spinach leaves
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz can artichokes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- Rinse the spinach leaves, then remove the stems and finely chop them.
- Drain the can of artichokes and finely chop them.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes. Add all the ingredients except the tortilla chips to your crockpot.
- A 3 ½ quart crockpot or smaller will be fine for this recipe.
- Cover it and cook for 2 hours on high or until the dip is bubbling hot.
- Stir it well and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
This creamy dip recipe contains garlic and spinach, as well as three kinds of cheese, for a well-balanced and supremely flavorful crockpot appetizer recipe. Whether you serve it with tortilla chips, corn chips, or crackers is up to you but this dip is always popular at parties. Since it only needs to cook for a couple of hours you can easily make extra if you run out of this near the start of your party. This will be one of the most popular dishes so do not be surprised if it disappears really fast!
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37774 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)