Crockpot Refried Bean Dip
You can make this refried bean dip in a crockpot, which is great because it means the oven is free to make delicious melba toast or tortilla chips for dipping. Crockpot dips are great for a variety of reasons. Firstly they are so convenient. You simply add the ingredients to the slow cooker, cover it and leave the dip to cook. Secondly the flavors of the ingredients are greatly enhanced by the slow cooking process. The cheese, jalapenos, beans and taco seasoning in this recipe merge really nicely together to create the most wonderfully flavored dip.
Serve this refried bean dip with corn chips, tortilla chips, melba toast, crackers or French bread slices and your guests will love it. Easy party appetizers like this refried bean dip recipe are simple to make and they taste so good. You can even serve it in the crockpot to keep it warm, although don’t be surprised if delicious refried bean dip recipes don’t last long enough to get cold. People normally can’t get enough of this dip! You will find that a refried bean layered dip is also popular and you can layer this dip with salsa or homemade guacamole for a color and flavor contrast.
You can, of course, make this free refried bean dip recipe as spicy or as mild as you want. It is best to combine all the ingredients, taste the dip and then cook it, so add a little cayenne pepper and some of the jalapenos and taste. If it is not very spicy you can add more. It is easier to add more spice than to take some away! If you want to know how to make refried bean dip with dry pinto beans, you will need to discard any bad ones, simmer them for an hour and a half and then mash them. Using cans of refried beans is simpler and you can add plenty of flavor to this refried bean dip with the jalapenos, cayenne, taco seasoning and cheese.
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- ½ cup water
- 1 or 2 sliced jalapenos
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Add the refried beans and water to your slow cooker and stir this mixture.
- Add the taco seasoning and cheese, then the jalapenos.
- Add a little cayenne pepper and taste.
- If you think the dip should be spicier, add some more cayenne pepper, stir the dip and taste it again.
- You can also add more jalapenos.
- Cover the crockpot and cook the refried bean dip for a couple of hours on low.
This delicious refried bean dip is best served warm and you can serve it in the crockpot if you are having a buffet. This delicious and slightly spiced dip is the perfect accompaniment to crackers, tortilla chips, corn chips or even something a little more unusual like mole-spiced tortilla chips or homemade melba toast. Serve the chips around the bowl of dip and garnish the serving platter with some fresh cilantro for a splash of color. This delicious dip is guaranteed to go down well with your guests and it is one of our most easy party appetizers. If you are looking for Cinco de Mayo holiday appetizer recipes or simply the best hot dip recipes, you will love the simplicity of this one.
2 Responses to Crockpot Refried Bean Dip
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37774 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)