Crispy Fried Bananas Recipe
This recipe is so easy to make and it is also fun. Fried bananas, which are known as “pisang goreng” to anyone in Singapore, Indonesia or Malaysia, are the most popular dessert of all in those areas. There are hawkers selling these delicious hot treats on every busy street corner. The batter is light and crispy and the custard powder makes the batter an appealing yellow, as well as giving it a great smell. If you do not have rice flour you could just use all purpose flour but the banana balls will be slightly less crispy.
Deep frying is a great way to cook recipes like fried bananas because the bananas only need to be warmed up, not cooked. The hot oil seals the batter immediately and turns it golden brown and crunchy within a few minutes. If you want to make some tasty seafood appetizers at the same time, you can chop imitation crab sticks into three pieces and dip some of these in the batter. These are really good cooked in the exact same way and they will be nice with sweet and sour sauce or satay sauce.
Use any kind of bananas you like, as long as they are ripe without being too soft or mushy. Serve easy fried bananas with a fruity dip or even with satay sauce if you are serving them with other savory party appetizers. A homemade mango dip recipe is especially good with these fried bananas. Fried bananas are great for any occasion. You can serve them alongside an Asian dinner or curry or you can serve them for dessert with ice cream, syrup or honey and chopped nuts. What about serving these delicious fried bananas as one of your Superbowl appetizers? They are great finger food and everyone loves these hot, tasty snacks.
- 5 ripe bananas, each peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- ¾ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix the rice flour, baking powder, all purpose flour, and custard powder together in a bowl.
- Add the water and stir until you have a batter.
- Heat the oil in a wok or pan over a medium heat.
- Coat the bananas in the batter and deep fry them until they are golden brown.
- This should take 3 or 4 minutes.
- Drain them on paper towels.
These crispy, crunchy fried banana balls are perfect as a Superbowl food recipe or as a snack at any time. The custard powder in the recipe gives them a bright golden color and the other batter ingredients combine to ensure a crisp and delicious batter. Fried banana is a popular snack in many countries, especially in Asia, and with this simple recipe for fried bananas, you can recreate this wonderful dish yourself.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21325 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16225 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)