Creamy Pepperoni Pizza Dip
This wonderful combination of pepperoni, pizza sauce, vegetables, mozzarella and more is like making a very unusual liquid pizza because the flavor is spot on. Tortilla chips, nachos, or tortilla shells cut into triangles are beautiful with this delicious hot pizza dip. You could serve breadsticks instead if you want to.
This pepperoni pizza dip is unusual enough to be one of the centerpiece dishes at your party but do make sure you leave it for ten minutes before serving, so people don’t burn themselves on this hot pizza dip. If you like pizza, you will be really pleased that you discovered this excellent pepperoni pizza dip recipe because it tastes just like pizza and makes a great appetizer before any main course, except perhaps pizza!
This is one of our most flavorful and warming dip recipes and it is always nice to serve hot dips in fall or winter. Kids will love this fun pizza dip recipe as much as the grownups will, which is another reason to make sure you have let it cool down a bit before serving it. You can add a little hot sauce to spice this dip recipe up if you want to, and maybe even some chunks of pineapple for added sweetness. Canned pineapple is fine, if you drain it well.
- ½ cup green bell pepper
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup pepperoni
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup mozzarella
- ¼ cup green onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup sour cream
- Chop the green onion, green bell pepper, and pepperoni. Shred the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Blend together the sour cream, oregano and cream cheese with an electric mixer on a low speed.
- Spread the pepperoni pizza dip mixture in an ungreased 9 inch pie dish and spread the pizza sauce over the top.
- Toss together the pepperoni, onion and green bell pepper and sprinkle them over the pizza sauce, then bake the dip for 10 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and sprinkle the cheese over the top, then bake for 5 minutes more or until the cheese is totally melted.
This is how the dip looks without the cheese on top, and you are welcome to leave it off if you wish. This dip is based on pizza sauce so you can expect a flavor reminiscent of your favorite pizza. Pepperoni is one of the most popular pizza additions (anchovies are the least popular, in case you were wondering) so you can be sure of getting all that lovely flavor. Serve this with chips if you wish, or crudités. The dip is best served hot from the oven, preferably in the baking dish so it retains its heat. If you prefer to serve it in individual portions though, that is also possible.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16225 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)