Cilantro and Lemon Hummus
Hummus can be made in a variety of ways and this delicious hummus recipe contains cilantro for color and flavor. Cilantro is a fragrant herb, which complements many flavors including the unique and nutty flavor of hummus. Tahini, which is a ground sesame seed paste, can be incorporated into the hummus recipe or served on top. Hummus is often served at room temperature but you can serve it chilled if you want.
The flavors of sesame seeds and chickpeas go together nicely. You can serve crudités such as zucchini, carrot, or mushroom with this delicious hummus appetizer recipe or pita bread. You can get small pita breads or cut a big one up. To warm pita bread, sprinkle a little water on it and microwave for twenty seconds. This also makes it smell fresh and it makes it softer.
This hummus recipe is flavored with garlic and lemon juice, as well as the aromatic cilantro. This is not the traditional hummus recipe but there are so many recipes for hummus that it can be fun trying out different ones. You will really like the way the flavors balance in this hummus recipe. If you are looking for dip recipes, this cilantro and lemon hummus is very good.
- 16 oz can chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cilantro plus more to garnish
- 1 ½ tablespoons tahini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Crush the garlic and finely chop the cilantro.
- Drain the chickpeas, keeping ¼ cup of the liquid.
- Combine everything else except the extra cilantro in a food processor or blender.
- Add the reserved liquid from the can, and then blend for about 4 minutes on low until smooth and well combined.
- Serve with the extra cilantro sprinkled over the top and pita bread, zucchini spears or both on the side for dipping.
The green color of this hummus comes from the addition of cilantro and it actually looks really appetizing. People will be curious about this dip and they might be surprised when they taste it and find it to be a lemon and cilantro based version of hummus. Hummus is usually a beige color. This delicious dip recipe is great for any buffet. Alternatively, you could serve it at a sit-down dinner, with some celery spears, zucchini strips, raw carrot slices, toast triangles or pita bread slices for dipping. Garnish each portion with a thin slice of lemon and you have an elegant appetizer.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)