Authentic Recipe for Guacamole Dip
This is one of the best guacamole recipes and it is also a very easy guacamole recipe. The simplest way to make guacamole is to mix a quarter cup of salsa with two chopped avocados but this guacamole dip recipe involves using fresh tomatoes and other ingredients for a superior flavor. If you don’t have enough avocados you can also add cottage cheese or sour cream to your recipe for guacamole dip. This is obviously veering away from the authentic Mexican guacamole but it does give it a nice, creamy taste and a good consistency.
The reason why this guacamole recipe suggests that you add half the amount of chili and then taste it is because chilies vary in how hot they are, so it is best to add the chili gradually rather than make the recipe for guacamole dip too spicy. Guacamole is nice with a little chili but it is not supposed to be a fiery dip. Take care when you handle the Serrano chili. You should wash your hands with soapy water after handling it and avoid touching your eye area for a few hours afterwards. Alternatively you can wear gloves when preparing the chili.
Feel free to substitute lime juice for the lemon juice when making guacamole. A lot of guacamole recipes use lime juice and both kinds of juice suit the flavor just fine. The onion adds crunch and taste and the juicy tomato is good too. Tomato is not essential to guacamole recipes but it adds a nice sweet juiciness. Serve this guacamole dip recipe with raw carrots, sliced lengthwise and toast or crackers.
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ ripe tomato, chopped and de-seeded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 minced Serrano chili, no stem or seeds
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Toast and raw carrot sticks, to serve
- Peel the avocados and remove the stones.
- Chop the avocado flesh. Add the cilantro, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add half the chili and mix again.
- Add more of the chili if necessary.
- Cover the guacamole with plastic wrap and chill it until are ready to serve it.
- Add the chopped tomato just before serving and mix it in well.
- Serve the guacamole with the carrot sticks and toast, for dipping.
This appetizing and colorful guacamole dip recipe is healthy as well as delicious. Serve it with raw vegetables, such as carrots, mushrooms or zucchini. Toast, crackers or tortilla chips work nicely too. If you are looking for Superbowl party recipes then this easy guacamole recipe makes great Superbowl party food. You can also serve this at a buffet or cocktail party. This cold appetizer recipe is simple to make and it is also one of our make ahead appetizers because you can chill it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. You can either mash the avocados in the guacamole or leave the chunky, like in the photograph, depending on the end texture you want and what you are going to be serving it with.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)