Apple Dip with Cloves and Horseradish
You can use either sweet apples or tart apples in this tangy apple dip recipe. This apple dip is great with small pieces of cauliflower or broccoli florets, as well as with celery, mushroom or even crackers, or nachos. This is one of our most easy party appetizers and you just need to combine the ingredients for this apple dip recipe and chill it for an hour.
This is quite an usual flavored party dip recipe and your guests will love the way the spices blend with the flavor of the apple. One of the reasons why dips are so popular is that several are often served together, for people to compare flavors, and they can dip anything they want.
The ingredients in this apple dip recipe are quite festive and this would be a good cold appetizer recipe to serve around thanksgiving or Christmas. The cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and horseradish are warming and fragrant. As with a lot of other dip recipes, you can classify this apple dip with cloves and horseradish as one of our easy make ahead appetizers because you can make it ahead, then take it out of the refrigerator when you are ready to serve it.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 tart apples
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- Peel and core the apples and then grate them.
- Put them in a big mixing bowl and sprinkle the lemon juice over them.
- Toss well, and then add the nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon.
- Add the ranch dressing and stir it in well.
- Add the horseradish and stir again to make sure everything is well combined.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for an hour or until the apple dip is well chilled.
- Serve with crudités, bread, or tortilla chips.
You can see how the grated apple gives the dip a nice texture and if you want a firm dip, firm enough to spoon on to tortilla chips like in the photo, you may add more apple and use less ranch dressing. In this picture a spoonful of dip sits on a tortilla chip and a sprig of cilantro is used to garnish it. Serving the dip out of a bowl with the chips on the side is a more conventional way of doing things but it is always nice to find new serving techniques and get ideas about how to present your food attractively.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)