Ancho Chili Dip Recipe – Poblano Chili Dip Recipe
Dried poblano chilies are called ancho chilies and you are going to make your own ancho chili paste for this ancho chili dip recipe, using a pack of dried poblano chilies. This wonderful dip goes nicely with crackers, bread, or chips, as well as with hot appetizer recipes like chicken skewers, seafood appetizers like battered prawns or tuna croquettes.
If you enjoy the flavor of chili but also a light, creamy texture, you will enjoy this easy dip recipe. Seafood appetizers are just as good with it as meat appetizers or any kind of chips or pretzels. You can try using a Mexican cheese blend instead of the cheddar if you like, for a slightly different finish. Also, you can vary the amount of chili paste you add. If you want a very mild chili dip then obviously you should limit the amount of puree you add to it.
Perhaps you have made or tasted crockpot chili dip recipes in the past. This is a good way to make chili dips if you are making hot, hamburger meat-based ones but for a light, creamy chili dip, it is simpler to just combine the ingredients by hand and serve the dip chilled. This ancho chili dip recipes is incredibly simple to make and you might like to garnish the dip with a tiny whole chili or with some fresh cilantro. The dip will be an attractive pink color.
- 3 oz ancho (dried poblano) chilies
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Hot water, as required
- First, you need to make ancho chili puree. Soak the chilies in enough hot water to cover them for an hour, then drain them, pull the stem ends off and throw them away.
- You can either blend the seeds with the chilies for a spicy chili paste or discard them for a milder one.
- Puree the chilies in your food processor until the paste is smooth, adding up to ¼ cup of the soaking water if necessary.
- Press the puree through a mesh strainer, discarding any big pieces.
- Freeze the puree in ice cube trays for up to 3 months, reserving 1 teaspoon of it for use in this recipe.
- Combine the teaspoon of ancho chili puree with the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, garlic, tomato puree, and cumin and mix well.
- Taste the dip and add more chili paste for a more piquant flavor.
- Refrigerate the ancho chili dip recipe until you are ready to serve it.
This delicious and creamy ancho chili dip recipe is perfect served with tuna croquettes, crackers, potato chips, or tortilla chips. The creaminess contrasts wonderfully with the spiciness and this is a well rounded and well balanced dip. If you are looking for spicy dip recipes, which are also creamy and cheesy, this one ticks all the boxes. The sour cream adds a nice tang, which also goes well with the ancho chili paste. This is one of our make ahead recipes because you can make this dip hours in advance of your party and keep it covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. This cool dip is nice with hot appetizers.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)