A Delicious and Easy Guacamole Recipe
Guacamole is a delicious and healthy dip, made from avocado, tomato, onion, and garlic and lime juice. You can use the juice from one lime in the following guacamole recipe or bottled lime juice. Make sure the avocados for making this guacamole dip are ripe. If you press the top and it is slightly soft there, it is ripe. If it is hard, choose another. You need to use soft avocadoes for the best results.
You can dip bread, crackers, vegetable chunks or nachos into this tasty and easy guacamole recipe and it keeps in the refrigerator for a couple of days if you do not use it all. There are various guacamole recipes you can make but this recipe is the recipe for traditional guacamole and it is simple yet very flavorful.
As well as being used for a dip, guacamole is used in a lot of Mexican appetizer recipes, especially as a layer in Mexican layered salad. You can either use guacamole or you can use chopped avocadoes. Guacamole can be served with salad, instead of mayonnaise or salad dressing. It is also nice with fish or meat dishes. Avocadoes have a creamy, slightly nutty taste and this goes with many different foods.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- Black pepper
- Sprig of fresh cilantro for garnish
- Peel the avocados and discard the stones.
- Peel and mince the garlic and onion and chop the tomato.
- Mash the avocado, and then stir in the other ingredients.
- Garnish with the cilantro.
The rich green color of guacamole, as you can see in this photo, is really appetizing. The garlic, lime juice, and seasonings bring out the wonderful avocado flavor. No wonder this dip is so popular in Mexico. Serve bread or chips for dipping in your homemade guacamole and everyone will enjoy eating this amazing flavored dip recipe. Store-bought guacamole does not taste anywhere near as mouthwateringly fresh as homemade guacamole and this dip is so easy to make. There are various guacamole recipes you can choose from but this one is simple and classic.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37780 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29240 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24693 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21331 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15696 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15160 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13796 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13362 Views)