Simple, Versatile Exotic Fruit Krab Salad
This delightful seafood salad can be enjoyed by everyone. Imitation crab can be used if someone is allergic to shellfish or if you want to save money. Serve it as an appetizer at parties by putting small servings on crackers. You could also use it as a chunky dip. Decorate your platter with exotic fruits that guests can also enjoy. The seafood combined with fruit on the same platter really lends that exotic flair. Enjoy watching everyone dig in.
This quick salad recipe can be made in minutes. It does need time to chill ahead of your event, so even if you are making it for a snack, plan accordingly. Like any seafood recipe, you must take precautions if you are taking it to a party or potluck. Keep it cold at all times. If you must travel with it, pack it in a cooler with enough ice or cold packs to keep it chilled.
Enjoy this salad as is, or serve it on a bed of lettuce or rice. It can also be made with fresh shrimp, crab, or lobster. Cook and chill all seafood before adding to the recipe. You will find this recipe coming in handy if you like to entertain. It is such a fast dish to put together, you can make it the day before and just bring it out when your guests arrive. It may also become a family favorite. The sweetness of the imitation crab contrasts nicely with the spice from the mustard sauce.
- ½ pound imitation crab, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Garnish with exotic fruits
- Toss imitation crab, onion, celery, pickle, relish, dill, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, and chives until well combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and exotic fruits for a salad, use as a sandwich filling or to top crackers for an appetizer.
- Note: Imitation crab, otherwise known as surimi, is made from pollock whitefish.
- The fish is formed into long strips, flavored, and colored to look like crab.
- For those who are allergic to shellfish, it is a good alternative.
- This recipe can also be made with shrimp, crab, or lobster.
One look at our Tasty Krab Salad will make your mouth water. Served on a bed of lettuce, this delicious combination of seafood, celery and other ingredients is very versatile. If you want to use it as a salad, present it with colorful exotic fruits like olives, kiwi, and papaya. Put some on a bed of rice, on crackers or make it into a sandwich. Enjoy the exotic flavors of fruit and seafood every time you serve this delicious recipe. Make it for a potluck dinner and watch it disappear.
One Response to Simple, Versatile Exotic Fruit Krab Salad
Leave a Reply
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Salmon Roe and Sour Cream January 21, 2016
- Anchovy and Dill Canapes January 19, 2016
- Spanish Seafood Stuffed Egg Appetizers January 14, 2016
- Lamb Chops with Cucumber Slaw January 11, 2016
- Seared Scallops over Rice Timbales January 8, 2016
- Pork Potstickers with Soy-Chili Dipping Sauce January 5, 2016
- Feta Cheese and Tomato Deviled Eggs January 2, 2016
- Healthy Ratatouille Stuffed Peppers December 29, 2015
- Palate-Cleansing Citrus Sorbet Appetizers December 26, 2015
- Easy Shrimp and Cottage Cheese Canapes December 23, 2015
- Home (36786 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (27701 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (23753 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21140 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (20115 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (15340 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (14941 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (14460 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (12401 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (11932 Views)