Simple, Versatile Exotic Fruit Krab Salad
This delightful seafood salad can be enjoyed by everyone. Imitation crab can be used if someone is allergic to shellfish or if you want to save money. Serve it as an appetizer at parties by putting small servings on crackers. You could also use it as a chunky dip. Decorate your platter with exotic fruits that guests can also enjoy. The seafood combined with fruit on the same platter really lends that exotic flair. Enjoy watching everyone dig in.
This quick salad recipe can be made in minutes. It does need time to chill ahead of your event, so even if you are making it for a snack, plan accordingly. Like any seafood recipe, you must take precautions if you are taking it to a party or potluck. Keep it cold at all times. If you must travel with it, pack it in a cooler with enough ice or cold packs to keep it chilled.
Enjoy this salad as is, or serve it on a bed of lettuce or rice. It can also be made with fresh shrimp, crab, or lobster. Cook and chill all seafood before adding to the recipe. You will find this recipe coming in handy if you like to entertain. It is such a fast dish to put together, you can make it the day before and just bring it out when your guests arrive. It may also become a family favorite. The sweetness of the imitation crab contrasts nicely with the spice from the mustard sauce.
- ½ pound imitation crab, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Garnish with exotic fruits
- Toss imitation crab, onion, celery, pickle, relish, dill, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, and chives until well combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and exotic fruits for a salad, use as a sandwich filling or to top crackers for an appetizer.
- Note: Imitation crab, otherwise known as surimi, is made from pollock whitefish.
- The fish is formed into long strips, flavored, and colored to look like crab.
- For those who are allergic to shellfish, it is a good alternative.
- This recipe can also be made with shrimp, crab, or lobster.
One look at our Tasty Krab Salad will make your mouth water. Served on a bed of lettuce, this delicious combination of seafood, celery and other ingredients is very versatile. If you want to use it as a salad, present it with colorful exotic fruits like olives, kiwi, and papaya. Put some on a bed of rice, on crackers or make it into a sandwich. Enjoy the exotic flavors of fruit and seafood every time you serve this delicious recipe. Make it for a potluck dinner and watch it disappear.
One Response to Simple, Versatile Exotic Fruit Krab Salad
Leave a Reply
- Best Superbowl Chili Recipe December 7, 2014
- Spicy BBQ Quesadilla Holiday Appetizer November 23, 2014
- Bacon and Cheese Appetizer Rolls November 22, 2014
- Balsamic Asparagus and Parmesan Appetizer November 20, 2014
- Refreshing Pear and Prosciutto Appetizer November 1, 2014
- Delicate Mini Smoked Salmon and Caviar Appetizer August 26, 2014
- Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls August 24, 2014
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19349 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18677 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (16298 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14633 Views)
- Home (13401 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (12142 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11988 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (11180 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10904 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9513 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (9375 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8819 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8803 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8431 Views)
- Shrimp Spring Rolls (7904 Views)