Old Fashioned Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are a classic appetizer recipe and everyone will love them. You should rest the eggs for your deviled eggs recipe on their sides overnight or for about eight hours to center the yolks. Take the eggs out of the refrigerator half an hour before cooking them because this lessens the shock of rapid temperature changes and makes the shells less likely to crack.
If you want to know how to make deviled eggs, the following recipe is easy to make and the combination of Dijon mustard, Tabasco and onion really liven up the eggs. These easy party appetizers are always very popular at parties and other events. Make sure you time the eggs properly. They need eight minutes. Cook them for too long and they will be rubbery.
Not all deviled eggs recipes are spicy but the Tabasco and mustard are really good in this recipe and if you are looking for a spicy appetizer recipe this one is very nice. Old fashioned deviled eggs are something that have been gracing buffet tables and cocktail party tables for many years. This is quite an old recipe but many old recipes are classic ones and really stand the test of time.
- 12 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper Paprika
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes, and then cool them in cold water.
- Peel the eggs and slice each one in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks with the mustard, onion, mayonnaise,
- Tabasco and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the egg whites on a serving platter and spoon the egg yolk mixture into them.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top.
These deviled eggs are an example of simple yet fancy appetizer recipes. The parsley adds some color to the platter and the eggs themselves look really good. You can see how piping the egg yolk filling in, rather than spooning it in, gives it an attractive look. The paprika sprinkled over the top finishes them off beautifully. If you want some vegetarian appetizer recipes to serve alongside your seafood appetizers and other hot appetizer recipes, try these easy party appetizers. Eggs are healthy and nutritious and deviled eggs are one of the best ways to prepare them.
Leave a Reply
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Salmon Roe and Sour Cream January 21, 2016
- Anchovy and Dill Canapes January 19, 2016
- Spanish Seafood Stuffed Egg Appetizers January 14, 2016
- Lamb Chops with Cucumber Slaw January 11, 2016
- Seared Scallops over Rice Timbales January 8, 2016
- Pork Potstickers with Soy-Chili Dipping Sauce January 5, 2016
- Feta Cheese and Tomato Deviled Eggs January 2, 2016
- Healthy Ratatouille Stuffed Peppers December 29, 2015
- Palate-Cleansing Citrus Sorbet Appetizers December 26, 2015
- Easy Shrimp and Cottage Cheese Canapes December 23, 2015
- Home (36576 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (27672 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (23745 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21135 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (20102 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (15338 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (14933 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (14452 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (12391 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (11900 Views)