Marinated Mozzarella Appetizer Recipe
Famous Italian appetizers include insalata tricolore, which is made from layers of fresh basil, tomato, and mozzarella. Another favorite has to be marinated cheese. The following appetizer recipe is for marinated mozzarella and this makes a delicious yet very easy appetizer. You can try using a different cheese if you like but mozzarella does work very well.
The marinade is a simple combination of paprika, rosemary, garlic, and red pepper and this brings out the creamy flavor of the cheese and adds a bit of sharpness, which makes the mouth water. These Italian appetizers go nicely before any main course except, perhaps, cheese fondue! Marinate the cheese for at least an hour or overnight for a stronger flavor.
Marinated foods are always very tasty at buffets and as easy party appetizers and most people have tried marinated fish or meat. Not everyone has tried Italian appetizers like this marinated cheese dish though and the flavor is very special. The rosemary gives the appetizers an herby flavor and the paprika adds sharpness and zing, as does the red pepper. The garlic is amazing with the cheese as well and this is sure to be one of the most popular easy party appetizers on the buffet table.
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ lb cubed mozzarella
- Dash of flaked red pepper
- Combine the paprika, pepper, rosemary, garlic, and olive oil and add the cheese.
- Mix gently to coat, leave to marinate for an hour or more and serve with toothpicks.
You can think of marinated cheese recipes as make ahead appetizers because the cheese is extra flavorful if you give it a longer marinating time. Overnight is a good idea too because it just strengthens the flavor. If you like Italian appetizer recipes you will enjoy this tasty cheese dish. It is a good vegetarian appetizer and also nice to have at a buffet alongside other salads. This is one of the best recipes for Italian style appetizers and you can decorate this gourmet dish with sprigs of fresh basil to add color.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)