Homemade Goat's Cheese Stuffed Peppers Recipe
This stuffed peppers recipe is ideal for a 4th of July party or another summertime event. If you want to serve hot appetizers, you can coat the goat’s cheese stuffed bell peppers in beer batter and deep fry them instead of serving them cold. That way you still get the wonderful herb flavor but the cheese starts to melt and the appetizers are hot. It is a great variation.
This recipe for stuffed peppers does take a while to make because first you have to make the goat’s cheese, and then marinate the peppers overnight, but it is well worth it. The fresh herbs in the marinade are amazing and the finished dish is incredibly good. To save time you could use store-bought goat’s cheese but making your own is fun and it tastes even nicer. You can get the rennet from health food stores.
You can use canned bell peppers, cooked fresh ones or even make stuffed banana peppers or stuffed cherry peppers. Feel free to use whichever kind of peppers you like. Serve these delicious stuffed peppers on a bed of arugula, garnished with fresh dill, and you will agree that this is one of our more fancy appetizer recipes. This makes a beautiful and colorful centerpiece for a buffet.
- 1 large can marinated bell peppers
- 8 cups arugula leaves
- Fresh dill, to garnish
- 1 gallon unpasteurized goat's milk
- 1 tablet rennet or ¾ teaspoon rennet liquid
- 1 quart buttermilk
- Salt and white pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs (thyme, chives, rosemary, oregano, basil, marjoram etc)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Mix the rennet, buttermilk and goat's milk in a big pan and warm the mixture over a low flame.
- Transfer it to a bowl and let it sit overnight, covered.
- The curd will separate from the whey.
- Use several cheesecloth layers to line a colander, then ladle in the curds.
- Fold the cheesecloth over the curd and let it drain overnight in the refrigerator.
- Discard the whey.
- Take the curd out of the cheesecloth and add salt, white pepper and olive oil to season it.
- Whisk together the garlic, extra virgin olive oil, herbs, vinegar and onion.
- Drain and rinse the marinated bell peppers and cut them into long slices, removing the cores and stems.
- Dry them on paper towels.
- Spoon some of the goat's cheese on to each strip of bell pepper and roll them up to hold it.
- Pour the marinade over the cheese-filled bell pepper strips and refrigerate them overnight.
- Arrange the arugula on a large platter, arrange the bell pepper on top and garnish the platter with fresh dill.
There are lots of different stuffed peppers recipes including stuffed green peppers, risotto stuffed banana peppers and more. These easy party appetizers, however, are stuffed with homemade goat’s cheese and served chilled. Marinated food always adds plenty of flavor and the onion, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and fresh herbs used to marinate these bell peppers gives them a sophisticated and aromatic flavor. If you are looking for impressive holiday appetizer recipes, you will agree that this is certainly one to consider.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)