Fruit Dip Made with Marshmallow Fluff
Fresh fruits and delicious dips combine together to create incredibly easy appetizers that everyone is sure to love. Fruits and serving dips need very few ingredients and they also will not require any cooking or long preparation times.
Sweet and light, fluffy dips for fruits can be tailored to your exact liking and you can make several different types for people to choose from. However, be sure to have a wide variety of fruits available for your dips.
You will want to cut the fruit into bite sized pieces to keep it from disappearing too quickly. Also, cut fruit into different shapes for visual interest. Use a melon scoop or baller for making balls out of cantaloupe, honeydew, or other melons and arrange on a tray or in a large bowl with other fruits of various shapes.
Some other fruits that are great for dipping include apples, bananas, blueberries, cherries, red and green grapes, oranges, peaches, pears, pineapples, and strawberries.
Arrange fruits on plates or in bowls by groups or themes such as all tropical fruits on one tray with all of the berries on another, for example. You might also want to use skewers, alternating pieces of fruit on each skewer and providing guests with small bowls for the dips.
To keep fruits like apples and bananas from turning brown before eating, sprinkle both with lemon juice after peeling and cutting.
Marshmallow fluff, also called marshmallow topping, and cream cheese complement each other perfectly for an unbelievable easy and popular fruit dip. Everyone will ask for this simple but incredibly tasty dip that can be used with all types of fruits.
- 8 ounce container strawberry flavored cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounce jar of marshmallow fluff
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Using an electric mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, the marshmallow fluff, and the orange juice until well blended. Using a rubber spoon or spatula will help to remove the marshmallow from the jar easier.
- Fold in the whipped topping and fluff lightly. Chill for about a half hour before serving with fruit.
- You can also use regular cream cheese instead of the strawberry flavored variety as well as the light or low fat version. Add a few drops of red food coloring to your fruit dip if you are using plain cream cheese.
- To make a decadent chocolate marshmallow fluff dip for fruit, use chocolate flavored whipped topping, cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and a few teaspoons of chocolate syrup. Alternatively, if you prefer vanilla, use a half teaspoon of vanilla extract along with plain cream cheese and the marshmallow fluff.
- For a fluffy marshmallow dip with a tropical twist, add some pineapple juice to softened cream cheese and a jar of marshmallow fluff and blend together until light and smooth.
- You can also puree maraschino cherries and mix in with plain cream cheese and marshmallow fluff for a really quick but delicious fruit dip.
If you are making this for a party or buffet, one way to signify this is a sweet dip rather than a savory one is to add a piece of fruit, such as a strawberry, to the container holding the dip. Then nobody is going to mistake it for a cream cheese and onion dip and try to dunk their tortilla chips in there! This recipe is very simple and all you need to do is blend the ingredients together until the dip has a light, fluffy texture. You will find kids go crazy for this dip, but the grownups are also going to appreciate the sweet, fruity flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)