Easy Spiced Peaches Recipe
This spiced peaches recipe makes a deliciously different appetizer. If you want to know how to make spiced peaches without canning, read on for a great method. This recipe for spiced peaches contains allspice, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves for a delicious spice flavor and a pinch of cayenne pepper to liven up the flavor. Spiced peaches are easy party appetizers and they are especially delicious as an appetizer before an Asian meal.
This appetizer is nice in the winter time, especially if you serve the spiced peaches warmed up. If you chop the peaches into small chunks, you could even serve this easy appetizer recipe as a dip, perhaps with some Indian poppadoms. Canned peaches are the best to use here because they are soft and smooth and a uniform size. This is a colorful recipe and everyone will be tempted to taste it.
You can halve the amount of ingredients if you do not want to make so much but, since this spiced peaches recipe keeps for a while in the refrigerator, you might as well make it all and if there some left it is great the following day as well and the flavors will be even more intense.
- 3 ¼ lbs canned peach halves in juice
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 whole cloves
- 5 sticks cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Drain the peaches and keep the juice, then combine everything except the peach halves in a heavy pan.
- Bring it to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring gently every couple of minutes.
- Add the peaches and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the spiced peaches to a tightly sealed container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve warm or chilled.
This spiced peaches recipe is unusual and, in fact, most people have never tried a homemade easy spiced peaches recipe before. If you want to learn how to make spiced peaches without canning them, this is the perfect recipe to follow. The marinade contains vinegar and a selection of spices, making these spiced peaches savory rather than sweet. This is an interesting appetizer recipe and it is also one of our simple make ahead recipes because you can make it a few hours before you are going to serve it.
Leave a Reply
- Best Superbowl Chili Recipe December 7, 2014
- Spicy BBQ Quesadilla Holiday Appetizer November 23, 2014
- Bacon and Cheese Appetizer Rolls November 22, 2014
- Balsamic Asparagus and Parmesan Appetizer November 20, 2014
- Refreshing Pear and Prosciutto Appetizer November 1, 2014
- Delicate Mini Smoked Salmon and Caviar Appetizer August 26, 2014
- Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls August 24, 2014
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Crayfish and Salmon Terrine August 16, 2014
- All is Good Again March 8, 2014
- Home (30334 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (25747 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (23201 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (20762 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (19258 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (14996 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (14563 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (14068 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (11765 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (10993 Views)