Easy Spiced Peaches Recipe
This spiced peaches recipe makes a deliciously different appetizer. If you want to know how to make spiced peaches without canning, read on for a great method. This recipe for spiced peaches contains allspice, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves for a delicious spice flavor and a pinch of cayenne pepper to liven up the flavor. Spiced peaches are easy party appetizers and they are especially delicious as an appetizer before an Asian meal.
This appetizer is nice in the winter time, especially if you serve the spiced peaches warmed up. If you chop the peaches into small chunks, you could even serve this easy appetizer recipe as a dip, perhaps with some Indian poppadoms. Canned peaches are the best to use here because they are soft and smooth and a uniform size. This is a colorful recipe and everyone will be tempted to taste it.
You can halve the amount of ingredients if you do not want to make so much but, since this spiced peaches recipe keeps for a while in the refrigerator, you might as well make it all and if there some left it is great the following day as well and the flavors will be even more intense.
- 3 ¼ lbs canned peach halves in juice
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 whole cloves
- 5 sticks cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Drain the peaches and keep the juice, then combine everything except the peach halves in a heavy pan.
- Bring it to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring gently every couple of minutes.
- Add the peaches and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the spiced peaches to a tightly sealed container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve warm or chilled.
This spiced peaches recipe is unusual and, in fact, most people have never tried a homemade easy spiced peaches recipe before. If you want to learn how to make spiced peaches without canning them, this is the perfect recipe to follow. The marinade contains vinegar and a selection of spices, making these spiced peaches savory rather than sweet. This is an interesting appetizer recipe and it is also one of our simple make ahead recipes because you can make it a few hours before you are going to serve it.
Leave a Reply
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Crayfish and Salmon Terrine August 16, 2014
- All is Good Again March 8, 2014
- Our Wow’s with Rich Pins March 6, 2014
- Eggs Stuffed with Tuna Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Baked Cheese Olive Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two December 21, 2013
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19094 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18337 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (15241 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14062 Views)
- Home (13129 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (11870 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11740 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (10978 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10336 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9246 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (9029 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8572 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8412 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8253 Views)
- Simple Yet Elegant Beef Tenderloin Appetizers (7581 Views)