Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe
If you are looking for attractive cocktail party appetizers which are simple to make, what about a roll up tortilla sandwiches recipe? You can fill flour tortillas with your favorite ingredients, roll them up and chill them, then cut them into attractive pinwheels. This is one of our most easy party appetizers and they are also make ahead appetizers since they need to chill before being served.
The following recipe makes two types of tortilla roll ups – an Asian turkey one with turkey, green onions and hoisin sauce, and a chili cheese variety with two kinds of cheese, olives and green onions. Both of these roll up recipes are delicious and holiday appetizer recipes like these never fail to be popular at a party or get-together. You can vary the ingredients if you want.
You might be looking for ham roll up recipes or a different type of turkey roll up recipe. You can combine ham with cream cheese, turkey with cranberry jello or make any other variation you like. Keep the fillings thinly spread and try to use a sticky ingredient like hoisin sauce, cream cheese or jelly because these help the pinwheels stick together instead of unraveling. Quick and easy party appetizers like these roll ups are fun to make because you can be creative with the fillings and flavors.
- 8 flour tortillas, 6 inches wide
- Chunky salsa, for dipping
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 big lettuce leaves
- 4 oz smoked turkey, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped pitted olives
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 oz shredded cheddar
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies, drained
- First make the Asian turkey pinwheels.
- Spread hoisin sauce over 4 of the tortillas, and then sprinkle the green onions over them.
- Arrange the turkey in one layer, leaving a border of an inch around the outside.
- Put half a lettuce leaf on each one, then roll the tortillas up like jelly rolls.
- Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 1 to 6 hours.
- For the chili cheese pinwheels, combine the cream cheese, chilies, cheddar, olives and green onions and spread this mixture over the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Roll them up like jelly rolls, wrap them in plastic wrap and chill for 1 to 6 hours.
- Cut the tortillas into 8 slices, on the diagonal and discard the ends.
- Serve them immediately.
- You can serve salsa with the chili cheese ones, for dipping.
Serve this roll up tortilla sandwiches recipe with something colorful as a garnish, perhaps some green grapes like in the photo, and this makes a very impressive centerpiece for your buffet table. This easy roll up recipe is quick to make and they look really special. Your guests will not know that they were so quick and simple to make. You can use flour tortillas or your favorite kind of flatbread to make them. Serve them well chilled and they will hold together better. Party food appetizers like turkey, cheese or ham roll up recipes tend to be simple to make and these party appetizers are guaranteed to be popular.
One Response to Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Salmon Roe and Sour Cream January 21, 2016
- Anchovy and Dill Canapes January 19, 2016
- Spanish Seafood Stuffed Egg Appetizers January 14, 2016
- Lamb Chops with Cucumber Slaw January 11, 2016
- Seared Scallops over Rice Timbales January 8, 2016
- Pork Potstickers with Soy-Chili Dipping Sauce January 5, 2016
- Feta Cheese and Tomato Deviled Eggs January 2, 2016
- Healthy Ratatouille Stuffed Peppers December 29, 2015
- Palate-Cleansing Citrus Sorbet Appetizers December 26, 2015
- Easy Shrimp and Cottage Cheese Canapes December 23, 2015
- Home (36782 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (27696 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (23750 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21135 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (20115 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (15338 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (14935 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (14459 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (12397 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (11925 Views)