Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches
Canapés are served at nearly every fancy party, as the glorified sandwiches tend to be a popular favorite. Ham and cheese canapés are the most commonly served, as they are cheap, easy, and quick to make for your party. If you are looking for a simple, tasty appetizer to use for your elegant dinner party, you may want to consider the beautiful rolled canapé recipe below.
The rolled canapés need to be made using a wide loaf of bread, as that will enable them to be rolled. Before they are rolled, the crust is trimmed and the bread is covered in cream cheese, regular cheese, and tasty ham. With a sprinkling of lemon salt and pepper, this appetizer will be the delight of the party. Tied off with a simple piece of grass for decoration, you will find that your canapés will add elegance and class to your soiree.
The best thing about these rolled canapés is that they are an elegant version of the sandwich that everyone has come to love. Everyone knows that sandwiches are one of the most popular foods in the world, and making these glorified sandwiches is one of the best ways to serve an appetizer that will cater to both your taste buds and your sense of elegance.
- 1 wide loaf of bread
- ½ pound of sliced ham
- ½ pound of sliced cheese
- 1 small box of cream cheese
- Lemon salt and pepper, to taste
- Small bunch of green onions
- To begin, cut the wide loaf into individual slices. Trim the crust from around the bread.
- On one side of the bread, spread a thin layer of cream cheese. Sprinkle lemon salt and pepper as desired on the cream cheese, top with a piece of ham, and add a piece of cheese as the final layer.
- Carefully roll the bread into a tight roll, and use a piece of green onion stalk to tie the roll in place. Use a knife to trim the edges from the rolls.
You will find that you can have a lot of fun experimenting with different ingredients for the canapés. Ham and cheese are the basic canapés, but you can use pate, fois gras, olive paste, tangy and sharp French cheeses, salami and other charcuterie, and pretty much anything you want for the filling of these delicious rolled canapés. You can go nuts experimenting with different recipes to find the one that suits you best.
One Response to Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29239 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24693 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15696 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13361 Views)