Delicious Recipe for Deviled Eggs
Eggs are one of the most versatile foods to cook with, and you will find that preparing any number of egg recipes is incredibly simple. Deviled eggs are one of the most popular appetizers, thanks in large part to the fact that they are so easy to whip up. If you are looking for a fast and easy recipe that you can make for your party, look no further than the deviled eggs recipe below.
The following deviled eggs recipe can be whipped up in a matter of minutes, and it is prepared incredibly simply. The eggs are simply boiled, cut in half, and the yolk scooped out with the whites intact. The yolks are then mixed with mayonnaise, a dash of vinegar or lemon, and a few simple spices. The resulting appetizer is a simple combination of flavors that is guaranteed to delight.
Deviled eggs have been prepared for hundreds of years as an appetizer for royal courts and humble parties alike, and it is a tasty recipe that can be served for nearly any occasion. If you do not know what appetizer you can serve to your friends, you will find that a plate of deviled will be the perfect way to start the party.
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To begin, place the eggs in a pot of water on the stove to boil. It is imperative that you keep a close eye on the eggs as they boil, as you want to ensure that they do not cook for too long and become the consistency of rubber as a result.
- Watch the pot of water, and take note of the minute that there is a rolling boil. From that minute, count exactly 9 minutes before turning off the stove.
- Drain the hot water and run the eggs under cold water for 2 minutes to make the eggs easier to peel.
- Peel the eggs and carefully cut them in half.
- Scoop out the yolk without damaging the egg white, and place the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, vinegar or lemon juice, salt, and pepper, along with a pinch of dill and coriander. Mix thoroughly to convert the eggs into a creamy consistency, and scoop the creamy egg mass back into the egg whites.
Deviled eggs are incredibly easy, but it is very important to get the cooking time correct. The egg yolks will turn a sickly green and the egg whites will become like rubber if you let the eggs boil for too long, which is why letting them cook for exactly 9 minutes is the best way to get the best consistency.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)