Delicious Deviled Eggs Recipe
Are you looking for a quick and easy side dish recipe that you can whip up for the barbeque or family pot luck that is later today? Try my wonderful deviled egg dish today and everyone will be asking you for the recipe! All you need are the following step-by-step instructions on how to make this side dish today. Keep reading and you will see there is a twist on the ingredients, and we are using some unusual flavors in this already classic dish.
Deviled Egg Recipe
These easy deviled eggs are simply perfect as an easy appetizer for your next dinner party. They are very easy to make and nutritious too. Everyone loves deviled eggs. These are even more beautiful if you use a cake decorator piping tube. Simply use a rosette type tip and pipe the egg mixture into the egg half. Beautiful! These deviled eggs are slightly different to the basic recipe because we are using crab and celery to give them another flavor and a crunch. Feel free to omit one or both of these ingredients if you prefer the traditional recipe, or use them if you want.
Guests will devour these and look for more. Make these ahead and chill well before serving. Even children love these deviled eggs. This is a wonderful way to use up all those Easter eggs you colored! So gather the eggs and prepare these for your family and guests. These make a perfect breakfast entree too. Enjoy them at breakfast with a slice of toast for a quick and easy breakfast. No matter how you serve these everyone will enjoy them.
Do You Have a Favorite Deviled Eggs Recipe?
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 imitation crab sticks, diced
- 3 inches of celery stalk, sliced
- Few drops hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Boil the eggs for 12 minutes in water in a saucepan, then run them under cold water to cool them down.
- Peel and cut each one in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and put them in a bowl with the onion, celery and crab.
- Mash the yolk mixture with the mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- You can also add hot sauce if you want.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Refill each egg white half with the yolk mixture.
- You may use a piping bag for an elegant look or a pair of teaspoons for a rustic look.
- Serve right away or keep under plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours.
Photo Credit: Deviled Eggs with Crab 9-5-09 3 by stevendepolo, on Flickr
Adding crab and celery to deviled eggs is something you might like to try if you want to make an extra-special snack. The crab works well with the egg flavor and of course the celery adds a lovely crunch. There are other ways to jazz up these eggs if you want to try them, such as adding chopped walnuts and grated Cheddar, or some minced fresh chives perhaps. You can also swap the mayonnaise mixture for your favorite creamy salad dressing, to put your own touch on this already excellent recipe. Serve these chilled on a platter and just watch them disappear.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16225 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)