Delicately Flavored Cannellini Beans Phyllo Cups
You might want to double up on this recipe if you are going to make these white bean and mushroom tartlets for a buffet or party. This recipe does make four though, which is fine for a small gathering or dinner party. The combination of mushrooms, shallots and beans makes a flavorful and nicely textured filling for the filo pastry cases and the soy sauce, sherry, parsley, garlic and everything else adds plenty of flavor and makes these easy party appetizers stand out. The sherry adds a classic flavor and the soy sauce adds a touch of saltiness and goes well with the other ingredients.
If you are looking for holiday appetizer recipes for vegetarians, what about this white bean and mushroom dish? This flavorful appetizer is great for any occasion and it is a nice starter for carnivores too, although you might have to serve them a meat dish for the entree! Filo pastry, also spelt phyllo pastry, is light, flaky and very delicate. Its fragile texture complements the delicate mushroom and bean mixture and this is an elegant appetizer recipe which is sure to be appreciated.
Holiday appetizer recipes don’t get much more flavorful actually that this wonderful mushroom recipe. Once you have sautéed the filling ingredients and lined the filo pastry cases, all that is left to do is bake the appetizers for about twenty minutes and serve them hot. You could serve them warm or chilled but this is one example of a holiday appetizer recipe that is best served hot from the oven. You can probably envision the smell of the warm butter bean and mushroom mixture and imagine how appetizing the aroma is!
- 1 package pre-made phyllo pastry
- 1 lb chopped mixed mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 4 chopped shallots
- ½ lb canned butter beans or cannellini beans ( white beans )
- Juice from ¼ lemon
- ¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoons dried sherry
- 2 finely diced cloves garlic
- Pine nuts and breadcrumbs, as needed
- Cooking spray, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté the garlic, shallots and mushrooms in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the parsley, beans, soy sauce and sherry and sauté until nearly all the liquid has evaporated.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Line 4 muffin tin holes or ramekins with 5 sheets of filo pastry.
- Use some cooking spray oil between the pastry layers.
- Stir the flour and lemon juice into the cooled mushroom mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the filo pastry sheets, topping each one with pine nuts and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
These delicate mushroom and bean filo pastry appetizers are incredibly simple to make. They look elegant and they taste wonderful. This is one of our holiday appetizer recipes which is full of contrasts. The crispy pastry contrasts with the soft filling. The sweet and potent sherry flavor contrasts with the eastern flavored, salty soy sauce. These bite-sized morsels are ideal for any occasion or event and they are suitable for vegetarians as well as meat-lovers. Serve these delicious mushroom appetizers on a platter with fresh cilantro as a garnish and watch them disappear amazingly fast. Be prepared for your guests to ask you for the recipe for this one. Of course it is up to you whether or not to share it with them!
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21328 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)