Cold Crab Dip Recipe with Scallions
You might have made a bubbling hot crab dip before but this cold crab dip recipe is just as nice. It is great served with warm French bread slices. You can either use imitation crab or canned crab in the following crab dip recipe. In fact, you could use tuna instead of the crab because this makes a nice fishy tasting dip as well.
This cream cheese crab dip is sure to be popular with your guests and the colorful scallions look pretty as a decoration on top. If you are looking for recipes for easy party appetizers, this cold crab dip recipe is simple to make and your guests are sure to love it. If you like, you could serve it with tortilla chips or corn chips. Even pita slices would be good but the texture of toasted baguette bread is also amazing with this creamy, cold crab dip recipe.
The sherry gives a classy flavor to this tasty crab dip and the lemon juice, sour cream and Italian dressing mix all work nicely with the fish flavor. A sweet sherry probably goes better than a dry one but use whatever you happen to have. If you only have whisky, you can use that but just use half the amount.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 13 oz can crab
- ½ pint sour cream
- 1 pack Italian dressing mix
- 2 scallions
- 1 piece imitation crab
- Chop the imitation crab roughly.
- Chop the scallions and separate the white part from the green.
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, sherry, drained crab from the can, sour cream,
- Italian dressing mix, and the white part of the scallion and transfer this mixture into a serving dish.
- Garnish with the imitation crab and green scallion rings and chill for an hour.
This appealing cold crab dip recipe is colorful and looks really special. If you would prefer to make a cold crab dip recipe, rather than a hot crab dip or baked crab dip, this is a very nice recipe to use. Fresh crab is expensive but you can use canned crab to make this crab dip and chop up some imitation crab to garnish it. If you are combining the crab with so many other flavors and ingredients, like in this cream cheese crab dip, you should use canned crabmeat anyway. Save fresh crab for another recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)