Chocolate Covered Pretzels
If you like sweet and salty flavors combined, you will love this recipe for chocolate covered pretzels. They are one of our most easy party appetizers and they are also quick to make. The recipe is very simple for these chocolate pretzels and you are going to make half with dark chocolate and half with semi-sweet chocolate. If you prefer, you can use just one type of chocolate or even mix these together. Why not try white chocolate too? That would make a nice color contrast and white chocolate is just as tasty as other chocolate varieties. The shortening helps to make the melted chocolate runny and glossy.
You can jazz these chocolate covered pretzels up if you are going to give them as a gift or leave them plain if you are making Superbowl party food recipes or catering for a buffet. If you want to give them as a gift, you can put them in a little plastic bag and tie a brightly colored ribbon around it. Add cinnamon, powdered sugar, sprinkles or coconut to the chocolate covered pretzels when the chocolate coating is still well or add a little mint extract to the melted chocolate to make mint chocolate pretzels.
If you are on a budget, you can use a different kind of chocolate instead of the chocolate chips. If Hershey bars are on sale, they are also good for making this chocolate covered pretzel recipe. Plain Hershey Kisses would also work and you can get the holiday themed packs on sale after a holiday. This is a really flavorful cold appetizer recipe, which is perfect as Superbowl food or for any type of cocktail party or buffet. Kids and adults both love chocolate covered pretzels and they really are very straightforward to create.
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips
- 72 unbroken small pretzels
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and half the shortening in a pan over hot water.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the rest of the shortening in another pan over hot water.
- Stir each mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Dip the pretzels into the chocolate using tongs and make sure the chocolate mixture coats both sides.
- Put them on wax paper-lined trays and refrigerate them for about an hour, or until the chocolate is set.
These chocolate pretzels need no explanation because your guests will be able to tell at a glance what they are. Chocolate covered pretzels make wonderful Superbowl party appetizers and you can even make extra. They keep well in an airtight container and you can nibble them whenever you fancy a snack or add them to packed lunches. Chocolate covered pretzels are incredibly simple to make and you can use any variety of chocolate you want and decorate them with sprinkles, coconut, or powdered sugar. Another nice idea is to melt some white chocolate and drizzle it over these dark chocolate pretzels for a color contrast and to give them an additional flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37782 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29244 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24700 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21801 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21335 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15700 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15162 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13797 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13364 Views)