Blue Cheese Dip with Sour Cream
This dip is just as good with vegetables or crackers as sweet potatoes but, if you want to make a dip for sweet potato skins, the slight sourness of this mouthwatering dip contrasts beautifully with the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes. You could also serve this flavorful dip with regular potatoes, since the hot fluffiness of baked potato contrasts deliciously with the sharp tang of chilled blue cheese dip, no matter which kind of potatoes you use to make the wedges.
This dip is deliberately lumpy rather than smooth. You could pulse it on a blender for a smoother blue cheese dip recipe but the lumpiness of the cheese adds to the appeal of this particular dip. It is uncomplicated to make and one of the most easy party appetizers, since all you need to do is combine the ingredients and let it chill for an hour.
Your mouth might already be beginning to water when you imagine the combination of sharp blue cheese with tangy sour cream, creamy mayonnaise and a little seasoning. You can use a sharp blue cheese or a sweeter, creamier one, depending on the flavor you personally prefer. Gorgonzola is a nice blue cheese with a creamy, velvety texture and a rounded, smooth flavor.
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- Crumble the blue cheese.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper and then add the blue cheese.
- Chill this dip for an hour or 2, and then serve with sweet potato skins for dipping.
- (Makes 3 ½ Cups)
You can see how creamy, smooth, and delicious this blue cheese dip looks in the photo. Sprinkle some paprika over it before serving, if you like, to add a splash of color. Not everyone likes blue cheese so perhaps you want to make two dip recipes – a blue cheese dip and a milder cheddar dip or similar. It is usual to make a selection of dips anyway if you are having a buffet, so people can choose what to dip and what to dip them into. For a sit-down dinner you can just serve the hot potato wedges and the dip, or individual plates of dip and a couple of wedges for each person.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37773 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)