Cheese and Pepperoni Appetizer with Oregano
This cheese and pepperoni appetizer is one of our easy party appetizers and you will only need five ingredients to make this delicious pepperoni appetizer. Crescent rolls are very handy for making easy party appetizers because you can top this dough with all kinds of delicious toppings and bake it. Feel free to be creative with the ingredients you use. If you like to be inventive when topping pizzas, you can do the same with holiday appetizer recipes like these.
Either change little things like using a different kind of cheese or use different ingredients altogether. As long as you use ingredients, which are good together, there is not much that can go wrong! For the following recipe, the topping is cheese, pepperoni, egg, and oregano. This cheese and pepperoni appetizer goes nicely with an aperitif before dinner and it is delicious served warm from the oven with some brown mustard for dipping.
If you like pizza, you will find these cheese, pepperoni and oregano appetizers similar in flavor and texture. These warm appetizers are a great beginning to the evening and they are simple to put together. As with lots of baked appetizer recipes, let this cheese and pepperoni appetizer rest for ten minutes after baking so your guests do not burn themselves.
- ½ cup mozzarella
- 8 oz pack crescent rolls
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pepperoni
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dice the pepperoni and shred the cheese.
- Separate the egg into 2 bowls. Put the cheese and pepperoni with the egg yolk and add the oregano.
- Mix well. Whisk the egg white until it goes frothy.
- Separate the crescent dough into 4 rectangles, sealing any perforations well, then spread the pepperoni and cheese mixture over each one within ¼ inch of the dough edge.
- Pinch the seams together, sealing in the filling, then cut each roll into 6 slices.
- Spray non stick cooking spray on a baking sheet and lay the rounds in a single layer on top of it.
- Brush egg white over each one and bake until golden.
- This will take about 13 minutes.
The kabobs can be made by threading the ingredients on to the skewers in whichever order you like or, like you can see in the picture, there is also the opportunity of getting really creative and making them look like birds or planes, and this is no more difficult. However you wish to thread the ingredients on to the kabobs, it is a very easy process. These are colorful and flavorful, and typical of something you would find on an Italian antipasti platter. Serve your guests this authentic taste of Italy and they are sure to appreciate it.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- No Results for Our Top Rated Recipes
- No Results for Our Top Rated Articles
- Home (22900 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (15125 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (13013 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (10805 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (8678 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (8672 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (7581 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (6982 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (6981 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (6917 Views)