Singapore Style Grilled Chicken Kabobs
This is a wonderful grilled chicken recipe for a fourth of July party. If you are looking for the best ever grilled chicken recipes, this one is a definite contender. The Singapore style marinade is a combination of lemongrass, cumin, ginger, garlic, sugar and more. The chicken pieces are grilled with red onion for a hot and colorful appetizer recipe.
You might like to make extra marinade and reduce it for about five minutes in a pan over a high heat. Strain it and you will have a tasty dipping sauce for this grilled chicken recipe. If not, you can serve these with a tasty mayonnaise-based dip or even salsa. These kabobs are quite spicy so a cool dip is really good with them. You might like to use beef instead of chicken, in which case take any gristle or fat off before you marinate it. Beef is nice if you slice it into thin slices for the kabobs.
Grilled chicken recipes and grilled chicken marinade recipes are always sought after in the summer, for fourth of July parties and for cookouts. Grilled chicken has a wonderful smoky flavor and there are many ways to make it. If you are looking for appetizer recipes and especially holiday appetizer recipes, these Singapore style chicken kabobs are ideal.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 stalks chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- ½ red onion, in 1 inch squares
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Chop the chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Stir the garlic, soy sauce, ginger, cumin, salt, pepper, peanut oil, brown sugar, turmeric and lemongrass together in a non-reactive bowl.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of this marinade and keep in separate.
- Stir the chicken into the marinade and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Soak 12 bamboo or wooden skewers in water for half an hour.
- Preheat a grill to a high heat. Oil the grill grate lightly.
- Take the chicken breasts out of the marinade and discard it.
- Thread the chicken on to the skewers, alternating with the red onion pieces.
- Grill the chicken kabobs, turning them often and using the reserved 2 tablespoons of marinade for basting.
- The skewers will take about 6 minutes to cook and the chicken will be golden brown with crispy edges.
Grilled chicken recipes are perfect if you are looking for tasty holiday appetizer recipes. The chicken in this Singapore style grilled kabobs recipe is marinated overnight to infuse it with a rich, spicy flavor, and then threaded on to skewers with slices of red onion. You can serve these kabobs as they are or take the chicken off and serve it with toothpicks and a dip. Use small, four inch skewers to make mini kabobs which are appetizer-sized or bigger ones for more satisfying kabobs. Easy party appetizers like kabobs are always popular, no matter what the occasion and these are simple to prepare.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)