Recipe for Grilled Peaches Appetizer with Prosciutto
These juicy appetizers combine saltiness, juicy sweetness and creaminess, as well as an herbaceous aroma, so it might surprise you to discover you only need four ingredients for this simple dish. You can use any type of peaches you want but make sure they are optimally fresh. This means not too hard but, on the other hand, not too soft either.
Fresh peaches feature in a lot of dessert recipes and they also feature in various Middle Eastern style entrees. However, what about making appetizers with peaches? As the following recipe demonstrates, there is definitely a place for peaches in appetizer-making, as long as you choose savory ingredients to combine them with.
These delicious grill-marked hot peach wedges are wrapped in salty prosciutto and served with a little goat cheese. The sprig of rosemary adds color and smells good too. If you do not have fresh rosemary, you can use arugula as a garnish instead and people will them be able to eat the whole appetizer.
- 2 ripe peaches
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Wash and dry the peaches. You can peel them if you want, but that is optional.
- Cut the peaches in half and discard the pits.
- Cut them half again and then a third time, trying to get all the pieces a similar size.
- Each peach will now be in 8 pieces, so you have 16 peach wedges in total.
- Oil the grill grate and heat it until it is quite hot.
- Grill the peach wedges for a few minutes per side or until you can see nice grill marks on both sides.
- Let them cool a little.
- Cut the goat cheese into 8 pieces.
- Wrap each peach wedge in prosciutto, tucking in a piece of goat cheese.
- Serve garnished with fresh rosemary.
This simple recipe only requires four ingredients and one of those is a garnish! You might be wonderful how a four ingredient appetizer recipe could have enough flavor but the great thing about this recipe is how perfect the ingredients contrast and combine. The juicy sweetness of the peaches is amazing with the slightly sour flavor of the goat cheese and the salty prosciutto gives this recipe a savory edge. The rosemary looks great, as you can see from the photo, and it also adds an interesting aroma. This unusual peach appetizer recipe will be talked about at your next cookout, for all the right reasons.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29236 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21328 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)