Jumbo Grilled Sea Scallops Recipe
Sea scallops are delicious. A lot of people who do not live near coastal areas have not tasted this delicious seafood and if that sounds like you, you have missed out! Buy some scallops – they are easy to cook and they have a wonderful flavor. Dry day boat scallops are particularly good in this grilled sea scallops recipe but if you cannot get those, any scallops will do. Dry day boat scallops are sold the day they are caught, rather than preserved, which is why they have a fresher, cleaner flavor, but there isn’t that much difference between those and other scallops so just use whatever is available where you live.
You can serve this recipe with a green salad and warm baguette to soak up the tapenade and dressing if you like. If you are out to impress, serve freshly baked warm bread with this recipe. You can get half-baked bread, which you finish off yourself in the oven and that would make a great accompaniment. As you can imagine it smells wonderful while it bakes too. Because this bread is vacuum packed it keeps for a very long time before cook it, which is handy.
The combination of the red and green sauces are visually appealing and tastes great. The colors really do give this recipe a real gourmet finish and if you want to impress someone without having to make a very difficult recipe, this grilled sea scallops recipe is the ideal way to do just that. Scallops are an exotic ingredient and using the right flavors with them means your dish cannot fail to make a great impression.
- 8 jumbo dry day boat scallops
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato tapenade
- ½ cup green goddess dressing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Large leaf basil for garnish
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk them.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a different bowl.
- Dip each scallop into the eggs then the breadcrumbs.
- Do one scallop at a time and make sure they are evenly coated.
- Heat a grill to medium high and sear the scallops for 3 minutes on each side.
- Arrange them on a plate.
- Pour the sun-dried tomato tapenade around the scallops and then the green goddess dressing.
- Sprinkle the dill over the sauces and decorate each plate with large basil leaves.
A Picture of Jumbo Grilled Sea Scallops with Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade and Green Goddess Dressing – this dish makes a lite yet pleasing starter to both surf and turf entrees making it a perfect start to your wine country dinner party menu. Your guest and or family will be amazed by this dish right down to its wonderful presentation complete with fresh basil leafs. The basil leafs can be substituted with fresh baby spinach leafs if you prefer.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37774 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)