Grilled Shrimp Kabobs with Lime
A grilled shrimp recipe is always a winner because this dish has such a special flavor and you can combine the shrimp will any flavors you like. Also, if you want to know how many calories are in grilled shrimp the answer is not many. Seafood is a great source of protein and it is low in fat and calories. If you are a fan of gourmet grilled shrimp recipes you will love the exotic touch the lime and garlic give to the shrimp. Grilled shrimp lime kabobs are perfect for guests if you are having a cookout or you can just make them for a nice change from the usual weekly recipes whenever you fancy them.
Large grilled shrimp cook within minutes, like small ones, but they are extra succulent and juicy and look better than very small shrimp. Once shrimp turn pink they are cooked. Make sure you never overcook your easy grilled shrimp recipe because the seafood might go tough and rubbery and that will ruin the dish.
The chili in the following recipe gives the kabobs some spice, the honey adds a touch of sweetness, and the lime juice adds a real zing. You do not need to marinate the shrimp for more than an hour. That is plenty of time to give them flavor. Also, citrus juice starts “cooking” the fish if you leave it in there for too long. Serve this easy recipe with rice or simply a few tortilla chips.
- 5 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the garlic, salt, pepper, chili sauce, lime juice, olive oil, and honey in a small bowl.
- Thread the shrimp on to wooden skewers, which have been soaked in water for at least an hour, and lay them flat on a plate.
- Pour half the marinade over the shrimp kabobs and leave in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Turn them a couple of times.
- Heat a grill to medium and grill the kabobs until the shrimp are pink.
- Turn them frequently and baste them with the marinade left over.
- Serve with lime slices to garnish.
As you can see from the picture, these fat juicy shrimp are really appetizing. Lots of people wonder how to make a grilled shrimp recipe marinade and actually it is very simple. Use lime, garlic, chili, and honey to make a well balanced marinade and give the shrimp lots of flavor. Shrimp is a naturally tasty ingredient but using a strong marinade not only brings out the shrimp taste even more but it also means your kabobs will be the highlight of your cookout. Easy grilled shrimp is always popular so be sure you make plenty!
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)