Grilled Shrimp Kabobs with Garlic
This easy recipe is perfect for warm spring or summer afternoons, when you want to cook outside. You can use this combination of seasonings with other kinds of seafood too, like clams or jumbo sea scallops. You might like to add red bell pepper squares to the shrimp, alternating a square of red bell pepper with every shrimp. Smoked bacon pieces are also great with the shrimp.
Peeling and deveining the shrimp is easy. Split the shell apart, between the legs, and put it away. You can remove the grey vein (this is the digestive tract of the shrimp) by slitting into the shrimp with a sharp knife and pulling it out with your fingers.
You should begin with fresh shrimp. A lot of seafood suppliers freeze their shrimp at sea and thaw it just before selling it. If your shrimp has been frozen and thawed, you might want to refresh it. Put four cups of water and half a teaspoon of salt in a bowl and soak the peeled, de-veined shrimp in there for ten minutes. Pat them dry with paper towels and continue with the recipe.
- 1 ½ lbs jumbo shrimp
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, in 4 wedges
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 long wooden or metal skewers (or 8 short ones)
- Preheat the grill. Soak your skewers for half an hour if they are wooden ones.
- Combine the shrimp with the garlic in a dish and pour the olive oil over the top.
- Stir well and set to one side while the grill heats up.
- Thread the shrimp on to the skewers. Reserve the garlic oil mixture in the bowl.
- Grill the kabobs, turning them once, until the shrimp are pink with a little golden brown on them.
- This should take 5 minutes.
- Baste them with the garlic oil halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.
As you can see from the picture, the grilled shrimp kabobs are really appetizing. They turn from gray to mouthwatering pink when they are done so you cannot undercook or overcook them. As soon as the shrimp are pink, they are ready. Jumbo shrimp only take a few minutes to cook, whether you are grilling them, broiling them, or cooking them in a pan. If you like, you can scatter some chopped fresh parsley over the hot shrimp kabobs before serving them. Warm bread with butter is also good with this dish.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)